By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I'm buying a Wii tomorrow...

Even though I'm pretty much a PS3 fanboy, I'm buying a Wii tomorrow with my sister. She's buying it for the party/non-games and Mario Kart, I'm buying it for the decent games :P

Now, I've looked in the reccomendation list, there are 4 games who catch my interest:

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (pretty much a must buy)
- Mario Galaxy
- Resident Evil: Umrella Chronicles
- No More Heroes

How good are these games? What about the story? The gameplay of REdoesn't appeal to me, but a good story can compensate that completely.

Second, what games are coming out in the future for the Wii? I like RPG's, games with good stories and online shooters.

Around the Network

Okami is very good if you haven't already played it on PS2.

online shooter = medal of honor heroes 2 great game and zelda is amazing well have fun with the wii

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

You've got a good lineup there, I'd say.

I don't think the RE:UC story will grip you at all, but RE:4 on Wii would probably do a better job.

No More Heroes will rope you in with its awesome characters and excellent voice acting.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

No more heroes is an absolute must. The story is bizarre and hilarious and by the end you'll be like "....WTF?", plus the cast is absurdly cool.

RE4 has a cheesy RE storyline. RE has an odd relationship with storylines. The overall plot arch of RE is pretty good, but individually each chapter is told through terribly corny writing, and cliche stories. So it's kind of an odd hit and miss. It's kind of a good story, but the delivery is terrible.

umbrella chronicles is cool, especially for co-op play, and it catches you up on all the RE mythos pretty well.

Mario Galaxy is a given, just get it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

The ones I've played (SMG and Z:TP) were insanely good fun, so you can buy those and be assured to have fun.

I would stay away from SMG but the rest were very enjoyable. I would say get SSBB but it seems you might not like party games and though it is my fav Wii game it may be considered a party game.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

I don't know how many of these threads I have posted in but here goes:

BUY NO MORE HEROES

Even if you are boycotting Ubisoft

If you like using your head, and are up for a challenge, buy Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn.

If you're new to SRPGs it could give you close to 100 hours of GP (including restarts). If you're either a natural, or have played them before, it should still clock in 70+ hours.

That's 1 play-through, and this game has an amazing replay value.

Other than that, buy SMG, TP and MKWii, but you have of course already listed those.

If you're into football, pro evo Wii is a fairly good game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Mario Galaxy is the best game this gen -- ocourse in 4 days that'll change

but SMG is BRILLIANt

get brawl as well

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey