By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - anyone else disapointed with resistance 2's resolution?

I was a little disappointed by the 30 frames per second :P I got super spoiled by the silky smooth animation of Ratchet and Clank running full HD ^^ But I know for a fact that this game is going to be absolutely jaw dropping :) I think both the PS3 and a TV will be able to upscale this to 1080 like clockwork.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

@Zenfolder

R2 doesn't look grey...if you have seen some of the videos

thats why I'm actually interested....I didn't really like R1 all that much

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yes, I'm disappointed. I was expecting a lot higher res. CrazzyMan says R2 is a bigger game than Gears 2.

I am not disappointed...I'd be disappointed if they said 'yep, its 1080p 60fps, but only 2 player coop and only supported 24 players in multi-player'.

Why be disappointed by the removal of something that you can hardly (if at all) perceive, when it is replaced by things you most definitely can (scope / players / 2 campaigns / 60, 60! player online / 8 (not 2 not 4) coop play...

First day purchase.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

R2 is gray? All I have seen is a 10 second night clip. Are there more videos?

Around the Network

You'll need a very powerful PC to run games (especially those with a lot of action) in 1080p over 30fps so I doubt you see this often on consoles this generation.
Both 720p and 30 fps are very reasonable. Anything over 30 fps is mostly just visual anyways.
The only real advantage of having 30+ frame rate when it comes to gameplay is playing a FPS online and even then not much difference. (information updated from 33 ms/ 30fps to 16ms /60fps)

Squilliam said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
You do realize that if you double the frames per second you're using twice the amount of memory. Same goes for resolution. I'd much rather have them focus on scale and gameplay than making it a technical powerhouse.

No you're not. Doubling the number of pixels, pretty much doubles the amount of memory used. Running 2* AA doubles the memory used also and 4* quadruples it.

Thank you! I didn't realize how incompetent I was until you basically reiterated what was implied in my post. 

What would I do without you really? 

I also love how complicated you make it sound. It's simple: high frames per second + high resolution equals = more memory used. 

its been said many times.. but the OP has no idea what he is talking about.
In reality, Resistance 2 will have a much better resolution than COD4.

Being that COD was not native 1080p, just upscaled.

Gran Turismo 5 is native 1080p.. so get that and view it on a 50" to really open your eyes to these sorts of frivolous details.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

oh resistance 2, i hate you now. how can i play you now i no that you dont run at 1080p 60FPS. meh i ay even going to waist my time on this CRAP game no more, or COD4 or GTAIV or NG2 or HAZE or Devil may cry