By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - anyone else disapointed with resistance 2's resolution?

kingofwale said:
If they can run 720P and 30FPS in 60 player multilayer game, I'm sold

^_^

I really don't care that much. I still have an SD TV that runs at 480i. Based on Insomniac's record, this game is still gonna be a day 1 purchase for me. 

Around the Network

Its fine having 720p with 30 fps, but is not fine when you promote your system that is supperior with 1080p games and then later a slap to buyer's face saying hahaha we only told you half the story that only a few of our game library support 1080p. now thats fuck up

its like telling guys that are waitting on the line outside a dance club that there are many hot girls inside then just to find out its a retirement home in there(yea they forgot to tell you about their age)

@Pk, sure it's fucked up if you buy into all that :P It's also fucked up saying that your new console re-invents the way you control video games when 70% of the titles on your system only require a "waggle" to effectively play. Or when you offer the most complete online experience for a cost and only give your subscribers peer to peer gaming with less players than your competition which play online for free xD

If you were ignorant to buy into any of that crap to start with then you've pretty much set yourself up for disappointment :/ It's called PR and man is it awesome XD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Dolla Dolla said:
Final-Fan said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Final-Fan said:
EIGHT-player co-op?!
lol, It's online co-op. Were you thinking local?
No, but maybe I'm just behind the times. I wasn't aware that other games let you have more than 2 people play the campaign mode together.
Halo 3's 4 player co-op says hi.

Haze says hi, too, but who cares?
There you go.  I even played that game (Halo 3) in co-op but I apparently somehow failed to notice the option for more than 2 players. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Pk9394 said:
Its fine having 720p with 30 fps, but is not fine when you promote your system that is supperior with 1080p games and then later a slap to buyer's face saying hahaha we only told you half the story that only a few of our game library support 1080p. now thats fuck up

its like telling guys that are waitting on the line outside a dance club that there are many hot girls inside then just to find out its a retirement home in there(yea they forgot to tell you about their age)
Show me a 70-year-old "hot girl" and then your analogy will be accurate. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
nine0nine said:
sigh, why do people care?

the difference between 720p and 1080p is barely noticable unless you have a HUGE tv, or you just sit too close. nobody is going to sit there and 'see' the pixels of a 720p display, unless they pause the game and stuck their eyeball on the glass.

this whole 1080p true HD garbage was just Sony with petty bragging rights, and its pretty much comes back and hit them in the face as it looks like very few games will work at that res.

One of the very reasons for getting a 1080p over a 720p is you can increasing the screen size by adding more pixels instead of making the pixels bigger. If you haven't notice PC monitor resolution often increases with the screen size; thus keeps the pixels small even on large monitors. So in many cases the difference you'll see is a bigger screen size with the same picture quaility as a smaller screen.

In the past if you bought a big tv (the bigger TV the worst 640X480 looks) you had to sit 20= feet away because of poor picture quailty yet with 1080p you can enjoy a big screen tv in an average size living room.

that is a bit disappointing, although 60 player online more than makes up for it

Smidlee said:
nine0nine said:
sigh, why do people care?

the difference between 720p and 1080p is barely noticable unless you have a HUGE tv, or you just sit too close. nobody is going to sit there and 'see' the pixels of a 720p display, unless they pause the game and stuck their eyeball on the glass.

this whole 1080p true HD garbage was just Sony with petty bragging rights, and its pretty much comes back and hit them in the face as it looks like very few games will work at that res.

One of the very reasons for getting a 1080p over a 720p is you can increasing the screen size by adding more pixels instead of making the pixels bigger. If you haven't notice PC monitor resolution often increases with the screen size; thus keeps the pixels small even on large monitors. So in many cases the difference you'll see is a bigger screen size with the same picture quaility as a smaller screen.

In the past if you bought a big tv (the bigger TV the worst 640X480 looks) you had to sit 20= feet away because of poor picture quailty yet with 1080p you can enjoy a big screen tv in an average size living room.

exactly my point but inorder for 1080P to become effective you would need a 50" + tv, something a very small % of the market has and so spending time and money optimising a game for 1080p is a waste. It takes technicians to tell people when GTA, CoD4 and Halo3 isnt even running at 720p, so why on earth people think they will be able to 'see' 1080p is beyond me.

so why on earth people think they will be able to 'see' 1080p is beyond me.

Depending on the view angle (~ screen size / distance) You should have no problem seeing 1080p. Or in other words if you want truly cinematic experience that means a big size of your viewing field is filled 1080p becomes "necessary".

Home entertainment system rivaling cinema experience => 1080p
A classic TV which means a small box on the other side of the room filling your makula => 720p is enough.

Todays consoles are more than powerful enough for 1080p I have played 1600*1200 on a PC half as powerful.

But this didn't include High Dynamic Range lighting, Normal mapping and all of the other neat features we are accustomed today. Twice the pixels rendered means half the effects. And this doesn't seem to be a worthy tradeoff for developers today in a time where only a minority even has a 1080p TV.