By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - anyone else disapointed with resistance 2's resolution?

So far Sony's titles have been the few to actually be 720p (Uncharted, Resistance, R&C, etc.),

Around the Network

I don't care about the res. at all, as long as it looks good on my TV.

headshot91 said:
yes but the fact it is upscaled to 1080p still counts for something. And i'll reiterate that again, i said in my first post that while not a gamebreaking decision by a long shot i still feel it should at least upscale to 1080p and COD4 DOES run at 60fps.

Either the PS3 or the HDTV(Only if it's 1080p) is still going to upscale the game to 1080P.
Resistance 2 will have better resolution than COD4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
headshot91 said:
yes but the fact it is upscaled to 1080p still counts for something. And i'll reiterate that again, i said in my first post that while not a gamebreaking decision by a long shot i still feel it should at least upscale to 1080p and COD4 DOES run at 60fps.

Either the PS3 or the HDTV(Only if it's 1080p) is still going to upscale the game to 1080P.

Yes, but a hdtv upscale wouldnt look as good as a ps3 one as one COD4. However if r2's native res is 720p and cod4 620p or whatever i agree with ur second point. I just feel IMO that 1080p and/or 60fps would be a great achievement to have in a game .

iclim4 said:
headshot91 said:

Of course, the TV's upscaling willl only be decent if you have a TV of quality, like the wonderful XBR4. ;)

Around the Network
headshot91 said:
iclim4 said:
headshot91 said:

Yes, but a hdtv upscale wouldnt look as good as a ps3 one as one COD4. However if r2's native res is 720p and cod4 620p or whatever i agree with ur second point. I just feel IMO that 1080p and/or 60fps would be a great achievement to have in a game .

Picky.
You can let the PS3 upscale a 720P game to 1080p by deselecting 720p in the resolution settings.
Problem solved.
And I think you're asking too much.
Sure 1080p/60fps would be a big achievement, but it would be very hard for a big complex game to run at 1080p/60fps with the current gen consoles out now. Remember Killzone2 has a VERY big budget and a long development time and they can only get it to run at 720p.
Maybe in a few years when they master the cell.... Or next gen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

headshot91 said:

No one has said Resistance 2 won't be upscaled to 1080p. 

makingmusic476 said:
Of course, the TV's upscaling willl only be decent if you have a TV of quality, like the wonderful XBR4. ;)
Haha, yes the wonderful XBR4. =P

I've heard the Pioneer Kuro can upscale SD and sub-HD much better than the XBR4 though. T__T

headshot91 said:

http://talkplaystation.com/resistance-2-to-run-at-720p-30fps/

Resistance 2 to run at 720p/30fps

Speaking with Eurogamer.net Ted Price the CEO and President of Insomniac Games he got asked a question on what resolution and frames per second their upcoming first person shooter, Resistanc 2 will run at/in. He responded with that the game will run in 720p at 30 frames per second. Just so you know here is the full question and answer.

“ps3owner asks: What is the resolution and the framerate of the game?

Ted Price: 720p, 30fps.”

I dont about everyone else but i was expecting r2 to run at 1080p like COD4. While it wont impact on reviewers final scores as the gameplay etc matters the most i still feel slightly dissapointed that a first party game cant reach full hd. What does everyone else think?

Nope. Stop bringing up things about things that you dont really know one thing about.

Until you see the game running in final build you dont know whats going to happen, seriously, its running in a higher resolution then Call of Duty 4, and that game is beautiful.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

No, i said and / or. I wouldnt mind poss native 1080p at 30fps or vice versa. But I am dissapointed with the 720p news. Sony touted many of its games would run at full hd and they are not.
However it is still going to be a great game if r 1 is anything to go by and the res is still only one small problem. No argument over the quality of this game, just that i expected 1080p support out of the box like COD4