By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 Trailer - 2006 vs. 2008

you are trying to convince your selfs that the final build is better from the trailer back in E32006...

I dont think so, everything feels grey to me...

Around the Network

A 360 fan dissing gray? Please, 80% of HD shooters are gray... including those on the 360.

The 2006 trailer was too yellow, it now has a more natural color palette that feels more in line with MGS1 and 2.

@ shameless: hilarious indeed (and a nice spoiler in the comments there >_>)

@ eliasg: really, if you don't see any difference, you're colour blind

eliasg said:
you are trying to convince your selfs that the final build is better from the trailer back in E32006...

I dont think so, everything feels grey to me...

yeah no xbox 360 games are a little on the gray side .

2008 looks better imo. Except for the graveyard scene, i like 2006 on this.  

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

MGS4 looks amazing. Believe me it looks far more stunning when you're actually playing the game vs. screenshots.

One of the locations is strikingly worse than the others, but the remaining 4 are really a technical marvel to stare at. Textures up close tend to look blurry, but the cutscenes and birds eye view action is phenomenal eye candy

Around the Network

There's hardly any difference between the 2006 and the 2008 version other than different tone of the color palette.

Nearly all the textures and environment models are exactly the same. Just a few 3D models have been replaced or re-worked a little bit, such as the helicopter.

So with MGS4 it's the same thing as in nearly all games we see early footage from - in the end it will be almost exactly the same.