By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - gran turisomo 5 prologue graphics vs competitors

GT5 is the most realistic game in all aspects except damage (which i don't mind really)
When it comes to driving only forza comes close. All others are washed away.

Around the Network

Yes Awesome graphics supported in 1080p running at 60fps. Nothing as good this gen I dont think. Gears is the next and thats not a racer.

Ynwa.

GT5 wins

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

i don't know, from what ive seen the cars look fantastic in GT5p, but the background wasn't as realistic.

fazz said:
GRiD (on PC) > GT5P IMO.

That's the thing though.....on PC.  Imagine if they made a GT for PC only.....man that would own all.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Around the Network

Why is this even being discussed?

Prologue. No more questions asked

Prologue has the best.And Yamauchi said damage would be added and additional grapical tweaking.

GRID comes close ,but not there just ....and its only 720p.

Its incredible ,seeing how games are struggling to keep with the 720p thing ,that GT5P manages its 1080p at 60fps with no problem.Yamauchi and his team may be coding geniuses.

Diomedes1976 said:
Prologue has the best.And Yamauchi said damage would be added and additional grapical tweaking.

GRID comes close ,but not there just ....and its only 720p.

Its incredible ,seeing how games are struggling to keep with the 720p thing ,that GT5P manages its 1080p at 60fps with no problem.Yamauchi and his team may be coding geniuses.

Um yeah, think again on the GT5P resolution.  They're hardly coding geniuses since they cheated by saying its 1080p.  Its real resolution is 1280x1080 while REAL 1080p resolution (which everyone thinks is being described) is 1920x1080.

That's around a 50% upscale.  Coding geniuses...right. 

Well GT5p does have some great graphics. But apparently Grid is better? I haven't seen much of Grid so I wouldn't know.
One question, is GT5 going to have improved graphics over GT5p?

ssj12 said:
Grid is right there, especially the PC version.

I agree. I actually give GRiD the Zenfoldor nob for best graphics, since it also has damage models which look amazing.

Now, side by side, GT5 still looks better, but they aren't functional models, they don't show damage, and have less to render. That's a big negative for me in the graphics department, and believe me, damage is a graphics and time issue more than anything. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.