By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphic Whores = Men Who Like Women Only For Looks!

Lately I've been reading posts about graphics, framerates, processor speeds, etc. I find myself being more and more irritated by how some fanboys classify the console based physical attributes. I never figured out what bugged me so much by that until recently.

Graphic Whores are superficial guys that only care about looks over substance. These same guys are the ones who chase the girl who looks the prettiest or has the biggest chest. They don't care about the substance behind the looks. Great looks are fine to be sure, but what has she got for personality? They don't care. She's good looking and that's what counts!

Gamplay is the personality of a game. It's also what makes a great relationship work. It's why ugly people are able to find mates and it's why pretty people are able to stay together over time when their looks deteriorate with age.

Gameplay makes the game, it always has and it always will. Grahpics and all other physcial attributes are a BONUS, not a requirement.

I think Graphic Whore syndrome is not limited to video games. I think it's in your personality. It spills over to everyday life in other areas. If you only care about games for graphics then you probably like the hottest sports cars, the best HD TV sets, the prettiest girls, etc. I feel sorry for you guys, really. You have no idea what you are missing out on in life. Dig a little deeper sometimes and you'll be surprised at what you find!

As you might have guessed I own a Wii. I'm also happily married, and I'm a guy. I believer however, that I own the Wii BECAUSE of the way I feel. I don't feel that way BECAUSE I own a Wii. Can you graphic whores say that?

Around the Network

Its like a good Guy Ritchie movie.

Im not a graphic whore, but I do like getting with hot chicks

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

lmao, what does that make you? a guy who likes ugly 'girls' and then use the whole "I am not shallow, I like her for her personality, because there's no way good personality and beauty can co-exist" excuse? ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
freezemachine said:

Lately I've been reading posts about graphics, framerates, processor speeds, etc. I find myself being more and more irritated by how some fanboys classify the console based physical attributes. I never figured out what bugged me so much by that until recently.

Graphic Whores are superficial guys that only care about looks over substance. These same guys are the ones who chase the girl who looks the prettiest or has the biggest chest. They don't care about the substance behind the looks. Great looks are fine to be sure, but what has she got for personality? They don't care. She's good looking and that's what counts!

Gamplay is the personality of a game. It's also what makes a great relationship work. It's why ugly people are able to find mates and it's why pretty people are able to stay together over time when their looks deteriorate with age.

Gameplay makes the game, it always has and it always will. Grahpics and all other physcial attributes are a BONUS, not a requirement.

I think Graphic Whore syndrome is not limited to video games. I think it's in your personality. It spills over to everyday life in other areas. If you only care about games for graphics then you probably like the hottest sports cars, the best HD TV sets, the prettiest girls, etc. I feel sorry for you guys, really. You have no idea what you are missing out on in life. Dig a little deeper sometimes and you'll be surprised at what you find!

As you might have guessed I own a Wii. I'm also happily married, and I'm a guy. I believer however, that I own the Wii BECAUSE of the way I feel. I don't feel that way BECAUSE I own a Wii. Can you graphic whores say that?

Are you married TO the wii?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Well, my GF is hot, but that's not why i am with her (but it's a great perk!)

I am however, the biggest graphics whore you will ever meet :)

These same guys are the ones who chase the girl who looks the prettiest or has the biggest chest. They don't care about the substance behind the looks.

LOL bullshit. Games are no people. I thought games have become art, so whats wrong with liking beautiful things.

Besides isn't it ironic that some of the most beautiful games also have the deepest and most interesting gameplay, the biggest freedom of action and the best storytelling? Bioshock, Mass Effects, MGS4, GTA4 are all games that tell a great story, give you hitherto unknown gameplay options and tell an interesting story and they look great.

On the other hand some of the ugliest game also have the blandest most superficial gameplay and almost no story: Party games come to mind. So in the end its more like the we don't want to commit to a game fraction who like 3minute playing sessions, easy access and don't care about graphics and people who like great games, want them to look good and are prepared to invest in them.

PS: BTW that was not 100% serious but the graphic whore bullshit is going on my nerves.)

freezemachine,

Yes yes, your analogy is great and every true gamer should understand that gameplay beats grafix.

But what would u prefer?

Great gameplay + rotten grafix

or

Great gameplay + HD grafix.

I consider graphics to the likes of TV reception:-

- bad graphics = very bad tv reception with allot of noise on the screen.
- great graphics = very good tv reception where the image is nice and clean just like if you were watching a DVD.

Now we can all put up with the bad tv reception if we have no other option, but no one can honestly say that they'll prefer bad tv reception over good tv reception.

As for women, both men and woman go for people that are physically attractive, and then stay in the relationship because of the personality and other stuff. It's just human nature to be attracted to someone who is attractive, but of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ALl Right i am aboslutely sick and tired of this graphic whore BULLS***! Get over it already. CHances are if a gamer are bedazzled by todays graphics its probably because he's been wathcing the industries technology evoleve since its inception. What is wrong with wanting visuals to improve with the rest of the medium.
In all honesty these crap forums would never come up if the wii's grafix didnt look relatively last gen. And you cant make assumptions on how gamers treat the oppossite sex based on their gaming preferences if so what could you say about "wii/gameplay whores"- that they are perverts who love to grope ugly woman and waggle their junk cuz their junk? I'd call BS on both assumptions/
Note I'm not attacking the wii or wii owners cuz i have a wii and i love it but htis graphics whore argument is so weak just move on.

Judging from this posters complaints adn how hee judges GFX whore let me make assumptions about him.
1) His GF is probably ugly and his friends alll told him so, and his friendsjust told him so.
2) he has a tiny wee.
3) he is tired of the hd consoles getting more gaming media attention for their gfx.

Again i'd never personally make any of these assumptions about anyone, Im sure some Gfx whores are shallow only looking for hotties but you can't say that for all of them.