By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSBB best fighter of all time?

Smeags said:
Well, you're going against two (very) outspoken camps.

A. The "hardcore" fighting camp: these guys will state that such a game cannot be a true fighting game, and if you want to play a fighting game "Go and play Street Fighter olol". They'll argue to death why Super Smash Bros. Brawl can never be considered a true fighter.

B. The "purist" Smash players: these guys will state that such game cannot be a true fighting game, and If you want to play a fighting game "Go and play Street Fighter olol". They'll argue to death why Super Smash Bros. Brawl can never be considered a true fighter.

Different camps, same argument. Both very passionate about their beliefs. Have fun trying to convince them otherwise.

(Yes, I think Brawl is a fantastic fighter that is loads of fun. It shines because it can cater to so many tastes. Plus it's awesome to see Bowser beat the stuffing out of Mario.)
yeah a tough crowd to beat

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I think it is Street Fighter III or Tekken Tag, but Brawl is also fantastic.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

nope, because Pichu has been cut out.

brute said:

i really enjoy this game i bought it yesterday and i have already played it for about 9 hours,its so damn fun.

anyone else think this is the best fighter of all time

Virtua Fighter and Samurai Showdown both need to make the list of "best fighters"...  Of course there's always street fighter.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

i dont like traditional fighters and i actually consider this a combination of old school 2d action games and fighters.

its #2 on my list if its considered a fighter. right behind, well a good bit behind melee. melee is still freaking amazing. if im consistently playing a game 7 years after release during which time a critically acclaimed sequel/new game in series has been released than that means something.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network
soccerdrew17 said:
i dont like traditional fighters and i actually consider this a combination of old school 2d action games and fighters.

its #2 on my list if its considered a fighter. right behind, well a good bit behind melee. melee is still freaking amazing. if im consistently playing a game 7 years after release during which time a critically acclaimed sequel/new game in series has been released than that means something.

you probably dont like how they slowed down the speed right?

Best fighting hand to hand Combat = Tekken 5 DR soon to be Tekken 6

pichu_pichu said:

pichu is there in spirit

It has raised the bar and set a new standard.

pichu_pichu said:

but i think pichu was identical to pikachu so it shouldnt really matter