By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSBB best fighter of all time?

Around the Network

Smash isn't really a fighter though, at least not in the traditional sense. The implementation of percent based damage, a lack of traditional combos and item use shift the gameplay so dramatically that I can't really consider it a fighter. That being said, it kicks ass.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

SSBB is too dang slow. After playing Melee for 7+ years straight, Brawl was a huge let down. WHY DID YOU SCREW UP ONLINE NINTENDO!???!?!?!?!?

*wakes up*

huh? Oh it was a dream zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzazzzzzzzzzzzazzzzaazzz*serious medical problem known as alphabetizing*

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Calling SSBB the best fighter is akin to calling Wii Sports the best sports game.

I played Melee a lot too (not competetively with the Wavedashing and all that, I hated that.) but I dunno, seems like all it is, is getting used to the speed and stuff and going from there^^;

Anyhow yeah, I think I agree with what BCrayfish said :3 (Which I forgot the exact words, but I remember that I agree)

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Around the Network

For me yes, and in close second Melee.

RolStoppable said:
Shameless said:
Calling SSBB the best fighter is akin to calling Wii Sports the best sports game.

So it's the right thing to do?

Indeed.

Riot Of The Blood said:
there are no combos in this game. Not true combos. You can di/air dodge everything. Landing a few attacks in a row isn't a combo, grey. The person can just dodge it or get out of it. True combos you can land any time and they can not be escaped. This game doesn't have that. Thus, it becomes a camp fest because you can't punish properly. The best you can do is land one attacks after one of theirs lags.
yeah, riot, that's how fighting works, which is what my entire point is. I just find it kinda difficult to wrap my head around the concept that the cloer a fighting game comes to really being a fight, the less it is viewed as a fighting game.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

swyggi said:
SSBB is too dang slow. After playing Melee for 7+ years straight, Brawl was a huge let down. WHY DID YOU SCREW UP ONLINE NINTENDO!???!?!?!?!?

*wakes up*

huh? Oh it was a dream zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzazzzzzzzzzzzazzzzaazzz*serious medical problem known as alphabetizing*

play online with friend codes it works better

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Grey Acumen said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
there are no combos in this game. Not true combos. You can di/air dodge everything. Landing a few attacks in a row isn't a combo, grey. The person can just dodge it or get out of it. True combos you can land any time and they can not be escaped. This game doesn't have that. Thus, it becomes a camp fest because you can't punish properly. The best you can do is land one attacks after one of theirs lags.
yeah, riot, that's how fighting works, which is what my entire point is. I just find it kinda difficult to wrap my head around the concept that the cloer a fighting game comes to really being a fight, the less it is viewed as a fighting game.

Wow, that's an interesting way to think about it. I'm going to be giddy thinking about that for hours, thanks. XD

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612