By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - whats the hardest game you have ever played?

Yep, I never played the NES version; but the Xbox version was so ridiculous easy, nothing ranged that wasn't magic could hit you if you had half a brain, the walk jump off+power attack would kill ANY group of NPCs, the only challange was the boss fights, which varied extremely in diffculty, there were boss fights you could nimpo to death in a matter of seconds... the only "hard" bosses I found were the flying horned cocky mouth thing(devil I think?) and the 30 skulls with legs... not to mention the final boss fight is the easiest in the game...

Around the Network

The hardest game ever made is Shinobi for Playstation 2, lol. Honestly guys, it blows everything I've ever played out of the water and takes a crap on it. It is frusteratingly hard and I hate it. I did finally beat that game and woulda burned my copy if I stood on ceremony.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

a i think is very hard(but i havent played it just heard)is ikaruga anyone play this game?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

ninja gaiden
viewtiful joe
DMC 3

and the old school mega mans they were crazy hard im surprised nobody mentioned them

I still can't even beat the original Ninja Gaiden...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Battletoads or Contra without the Konami Code. The first Legend of Zelda was pretty damn hard too.

the adventure of link was hard, the last temple was just insanely hard, and i find it strange but i have more trouble beating it now that i`m more experienced in video games than when i was younger.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Any of the Contra games on NES or SNES

Ninja Gaiden on every difficulty... omfg :(

-Gradius III for SNES
-Starcraft: Brood War single player campaign
-Super Contra
-Megaman Battle Network for 2 GBA (Damn this game is exhaustingly long and really hard towards the end)
-Digimon World PS1 (Impossible, my long time raised Digimon simply died on me, I was at a point of the game where there weren't more easy monsters for a new digimon to be raised. I destroyed the CD against the wall, pirated copy)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies