By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360: Console Home of RPGs?

Slimebeast said:
The X360 rules over all the important genres.

Shooters, RTS, W-RPG, adventure, racing, J-RPG.

How so? PC rules completely 5 of the 6 "genres" you just mentioned. And DS has a vaster array of JRPGs and Adventure games.

However, if we are talking strictly of Home Consoles only, then you would be right, with the exception of Wii having a much better selection of Adventure games. Seriously I struggle to think of even 1 Adventure game out on 360 (maybe you meant action-adventure genre instead?)

Around the Network

@tombi

FF13 will outsell LO LTD on day 1

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Shameless said:
noname2200 said:

Yeah, I have played both games for a short time and found them to be awful. If you honestly enjoyed them then more power to you. Shiren, especially as I haven't played a roguelike before, was just ridiculous.

Okay, on those two games you are in the majority. I enjoy the thrill of finally becoming a good enough player to move onto the next level, although the price of entry is spending two hours having your head handed to you by bandits. It's a little like the old NES days again. But I can hardly pretend that appeals to everybody.

Isnt the PS2 still the leader of RPGs in this generation lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

tombi123 said:

I disagree completely with the 360 being the home console for RPG's. The Wii will have far, far, far more RPG's by the end of the generation (biggest Japan sales) and the PS3 will have the bigger name RPG's (FF, SO etc). If you are going to buy only one console this generation for RPG's, it should be the Wii because it will have the most, or a PS3 because you are a Final Fantasy addict. 

..or the X360 if you want to play the best ones, and right now.

Around the Network
shio said:
Slimebeast said:

How so? PC rules completely 5 of the 6 "genres" you just mentioned. And DS has a vaster array of JRPGs and Adventure games.

However, if we are talking strictly of Home Consoles only, then you would be right, with the exception of Wii having a much better selection of Adventure games. Seriously I struggle to think of even 1 Adventure game out on 360 (maybe you meant action-adventure genre instead?)

Kameo ring a bell for an adventure game?

At any rate, I wonder what RPGs are going to be announced - minor ones such as From Software and Spectral Force-level games, or big ones? 

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:

At any rate, I wonder what RPGs are going to be announced - minor ones such as From Software and Spectral Force-level games, or big ones? 

man, its sad to see From Software considered a minor developer =/

AC4A should be good (come state side already!)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

mrstickball said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:

Probably big ones(stuff like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, Tales, Star Ocean) with a few small ones(SMT, Disgaea)

@Riachu

everything will go to 360....but Dragon Quest aint going to it mate...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Slimebeast said:
tombi123 said:

I disagree completely with the 360 being the home console for RPG's. The Wii will have far, far, far more RPG's by the end of the generation (biggest Japan sales) and the PS3 will have the bigger name RPG's (FF, SO etc). If you are going to buy only one console this generation for RPG's, it should be the Wii because it will have the most, or a PS3 because you are a Final Fantasy addict. 

..or the X360 if you want to play the best ones, and right now.

Most people can't afford more than one console per generation. So most people can't get a 360 now and a Wii/PS3 later.

Plus, if I wanted to play RPG's right now, I would get a DS. Cheaper, more reliable, more RPG's to choose from and I can play it in the garden :).