By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 PS3 80GB Bundle SELLS OUT @ Gamestop!!

@Machina_AX

see what??

FishyJoe makes thread about Mario Kart Wii being sold out....WOW everyone praise Mario Kart Wii despite it being mediocre (critics)

n I make one for MGS4 being sold out only to get crucified!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@ Machina

You'll be too busy to playing MGS4 to worry about it

Why is everyone so surprised? I predicted this months ago, in my first post!

darthdevidem01 said:
@Machina_AX

see what??

FishyJoe makes thread about Mario Kart Wii being sold out....WOW everyone praise Mario Kart Wii despite it being mediocre (critics)

n I make one for MGS4 being sold out only to get crucified!

We just want numbers. It could be they only had 500 consoles/MGS and really why would that matter if it sold out. !00k would make things interesting though.

There will almost certainly be a backlash by Wii owners.

"PS3 only sold X amount on the biggest exclusive release of the year! The Wii sells that amount weekly!"

Around the Network

I really wouldn't worry about it Machina. The fallout after large games like this is inevitable, and no matter how well the PS3 and MGS4 does, unless it slaughters the Wii and sells like hotcakes then people will make deriding threads about our expectations, latching onto the expectations of a slim percentage of unreasonably optimistic PS3 fans and using them as a blanket statement for them all.

@ d21

Editing ur 1st post doesn't count.

Darth: I'm on your side! I seriously think its impressive whatever the sales numbers turn out to be. And yeah, of course BC is important. PS2 has the second best game library ever (after SNES).

@Benga Benga

thank you very much....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Teh d0mination! =))
One week more. =]

I wonder, if sony on E3 will announce, that in October 40Gb models also will have full BC, how much this will spike sales? :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far