By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will the PS3 sell more software units in NA than the 360?

easy, never

Around the Network

in japan and others the PS3 will win eventually by a fair margin, but MS will win NA.

Question: What do PS3 fans think is going to happen if their console does happen to overtake the 360 in sales numbers? Do you think developers are suddenly going to say, "Hey, there's no money to be made there. Let's all go develop for PS3 and ignore the 360 from now on," or are you just interested in bragging rights?

Play Biiyond said:
Question: What do PS3 fans think is going to happen if their console does happen to overtake the 360 in sales numbers? Do you think developers are suddenly going to say, "Hey, there's no money to be made there. Let's all go develop for PS3 and ignore the 360 from now on," or are you just interested in bragging rights?

i think it is so we can say to all the MS fanboys that were saying "PS3 a failure" at others things of that nature when the PS3 launched so thats what it is for me the i told u so's.

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

kowenicki said:
dallas said:
headshot91 said:
lol "clutching at straws"

This isn't 2006 anymore......the 360 is going down, and hard

except that when NPD publishes its hardware figures in a few days it will show that the 360 outsold the ps3 for a second consecutive month. so the 'blip' that put the PS3 on top is over. NA = 360 win over PS3. no debate. The gap between the 360 and PS3 isnt closing in NA at all - infact it will probably grow by jan 09.

Actually, the 360 has already outsold the PS3 for two consecutive months (according to NPD). If it did it again for May NPD results, it would be 3 in a row :)

As for software in NA, not happening anytime in the forseeable future. The 360's strongest market is in NA and it's going up against the Wii for most software sold in NA (back and forth battle from week to week). The PS3 may have some surges from time to time(e.g. MGS4 release), but PS3 still needs a long way to go to be up there on a week to week basis...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

i dont think it will ever outsell it in software in NA

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Just in today, Blu-ray is 10% of the physical media market, due to the new Magnavox (Funai) chinese players priced at only $299 vs the $399 players that everybody else has. I think that we can hit 15-20% within a matter of weeks but we'll have to see.

Also, rumors abound at MS including a BD drive in future versions of the 360, in which case, this will be a win for MS but a BIG win for Sony as MS will not only have to pay for the right to include the BD drive, but pay Sony most importantly. Sony will be able to use the liscence monies for whatever it wants. Another bonus for Sony is that if this does happen, this would be a big asset in the growth of the Blu ray brand.

Well, MGSIV just came out, and blew the other consoles away. The difference in WW consoles sold is 31.8% for the 360 and 22.4% for the PS3. That's only a 9.4% difference....the difference in the # of consoles sold is closing, and closing fast.

Soon, Sony will be consistently selling more software WW, and it may take another year for this to happen in America, but this day is coming as well.