By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS 4 bundle N°1 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_4

it's begin lol 

Around the Network

Awesome.

cue fishyjoe telling us all how the amazon sales don't mean anything when they're in sonys favor.

@BCN LOL yeah I notice he does that alot

What, no baby seals or graphs yet? I am well and truly amazed.

Around the Network

Ranking:

1- MGS4 bundle.
2- Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel.
3- Wii Fit.
(etc...)

Now why is this so surprising? Did anyone expect Mario Kart Wii or Wii Fit to outsell the MGS4 bundle when the latter is about to launch? Would it be realistic to expect that?

No matter how much sarcasm you guys use, this is no big deal and nothing surprising.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

seems like they've sold out completely. that was quick

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Is this a limited edition bundle?

BCNR34 said:
cue fishyjoe telling us all how the amazon sales don't mean anything when they're in sonys favor.

Right, that's why when Amazon ranks favored Nintendo products, I wrote a thread on why you shouldn't trust Amazon rankings. And that's not even mentioning all the other times I've said Amazon rankings are useless when they favored non-Sony products.

So when Wii Fit was ranking #1 was I making a big deal of it? Well you can read for yourself. 

The Official "Why you shouldn't trust Amazon rankings" Thread

I'm making this thread as the official response for people who use Amazon as a source for proving sales. While I do see some value in the Amazon rankings, I see far too many people misuse the ranks to push their own agenda. I'm only giving one example here, however feel free to add your own observations.

Now to the business. GTAIV should be outselling everything by several multiples. Yet on Amazon(US), it has never been a #1 seller. Some have said this is because sales are split between several versions, but even if you subdivide sales, it should be outselling Wii Fit and Mario Kart by a substantial margin. Yet Wii Fit hasn't budged from the top spot during the release of the biggest game of the year.

Amazon rankings while interesting should never be used as a source of reliable information. There are just too many variables that can effect an individual retailer, especially an online retailer.

NJ5 said:

Ranking:

1- MGS4 bundle.
2- Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel.
3- Wii Fit.
(etc...)

Now why is this so surprising? Did anyone expect Mario Kart Wii or Wii Fit to outsell the MGS4 bundle when the latter is about to launch? Would it be realistic to expect that?

No matter how much sarcasm you guys use, this is no big deal and nothing surprising.

It also outsold the Wii.So that's impressive,to say the least.