By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In hindsight: Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy?

I realized I liked SM64 much more than galaxy 1 hour into it. After beating galaxy, I felt the same way. I went back and played 64, and even now with a 12 year tech disadvantage, I feel 64 is the better game. Galaxy is far to linear, it feels like a much more polished creative, better looking with better controls version of PSP's daxter rather than a superior successor to the mario greats of old. (btw daxter is a pretty good game unto itself, not saying either are bad)

Around the Network

for me its super mario galaxy, i have beaten it about 4times . sm64 though was a absolute great game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Galaxy is way more polished, but 64 was fresh, innovative, and less linear. I give the edge to 64, although Galaxy isn't that far behind.

sm64.... smg its an excellent game... but sm64 for me have a higher "WOWOMFG" factor.....

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

Super Mario 64 for sure. Get N or get out!

Around the Network

Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Galaxy really. I never found 3-D that amazing. Mario 64 elicited a "Wow this COULD be cool." but that was about it. While every other game outside of zelda convinced me that developers went 3-D one generation too early.

While Galaxy I thought would just be Mario 64 more or less... but turned out much better.

Now if only they'd shake up the Zelda format more. 

Galaxy for sure.

I HATE Mario 64 (sue me). Galaxy is @%^&ing amazing, so that's my choice.