By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which of these third party games have the best graphics on the Wii?

naznatips said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:
The second set is in-game, definitely. Noticeably lower quality of the lace on her dress sleeves and her hair.

Have you noticed that you're comparing two shots of the same model at very different distances? When you're far away from stuff, it's generally hard to discern detail, even in real life.

Um, no. DMJ is right. There is a noticeable graphical difference. The first set is CGI. I'm not saying the second set doesn't look great. It absolutely does, but it's clearly an in-game rendering versus a pre-rendering.

Sorry, but I don't see it. What's the huge difference between the following two pics?

I see differences in lighting (the second one is darker). The first one also also shows more of the character model, which makes it more impressive. However, I don't see noticeable differences in detail. Certainly not noticeable enough to claim the first one is surely CGI.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

To me the first one is with lighning slightly different on the enviroinment, just that.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

From what I have seen so far, Fatal Frame 4 and the Conduit look the best.

myspace.com/neorayj

@ NJ5

The bottom one is a little iffy, since it's so dark, I can't see the quality of detail there.

But in the three other pics sc posted, the quality looked much worse than the top pic you posted.

I would venture that the bottom pic is CG also, but it's too dark, and there's not enough things in the frame that I can discern between the two (CG and ingame). The hair looks good, but again, it's too dark to say anything, but again, compared to the other three, the top one is most definitely CG.

I should mention that Fatal Frame looks fantastic. It's easily the best looking Wii games out there.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@ NJ5

The bottom one is a little iffy, since it's so dark, I can't see the quality of detail there.

But in the three other pics sc posted, the quality looked much worse than the top pic you posted.

I would venture that the bottom pic is CG also, but it's too dark, and there's not enough things in the frame that I can discern between the two (CG and ingame). The hair looks good, but again, it's too dark to say anything, but again, compared to the other three, the top one is most definitely CG.

If the second one is in-game, why can't the first one be in-game too? The detail level is the same, the hair even looks better in the second one. The other pictures are from farther away, which explains why they look worse.

I think it's possible they're all in game. We'll see ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

hm, i can why the last one is darker, so that the white face of the ghost seems more lovely.......

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

DMeisterJ said:
I should mention that Fatal Frame looks fantastic. It's easily the best looking Wii games out there.

yeah i also think its the best looking wii game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I look at thos FF pics, and all that comes to mind is BS PR pics. I'll wait for 'real' screen shots which arn't tampered with, to see the full picture before deciding weather or not this game deserves to be tittled 'The best looking game on Wii'

jake_the_fake1 said:
I look at thos FF pics, and all that comes to mind is BS PR pics. I'll wait for 'real' screen shots which arn't tampered with, to see the full picture before deciding weather or not this game deserves to be tittled 'The best looking game on Wii'
The first two and the last pics are most likely cgi. Everything else is in-game not pre-rendered. I don't think nintendo or tecmo are pulling a sony on us *Cough* killzone 2 *Cough*.