By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which of these third party games have the best graphics on the Wii?

Fatal Frame looks really awesome, and from what little I've seen of the Conduit, that looked awesome too! :)

But I can't wait to see what Factor 5 come up with. After all, their GC Rogue Squadron games still boast better graphics than most Wii games, and even some Xbox360/PS3 games. 

Factor 5 always knew how to get the absolute most out of the hardware they were working on. If they could pull the above off on Gamecube, imagine what they can do on the roughly 2x more powerful Wii. 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

for me it would have to be fatal frame 4

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Deadly Creatures, fatal frame lV, they both look amazing graphically.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

DMeisterJ said:
The second set is in-game, definitely. Noticeably lower quality of the lace on her dress sleeves and her hair.

Have you noticed that you're comparing two shots of the same model at very different distances? When you're far away from stuff, it's generally hard to discern detail, even in real life.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Psh, that's easy

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Fatal Frame looks really awesome, and from what little I've seen of the Conduit, that looked awesome too! :)

But I can't wait to see what Factor 5 come up with. After all, their GC Rogue Squadron games still boast better graphics than most Wii games, and even some Xbox360/PS3 games. 

Factor 5 always knew how to get the absolute most out of the hardware they were working on. If they could pull the above off on Gamecube, imagine what they can do on the roughly 2x more powerful Wii. 

wow, are those really gamecube graphics? they look better then some 360 launch titles. just imagine what factor 5 can do to the wii graphically.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

@Naznatips I think yushire meant technically. If he meant artistic too then I agree.

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:
The second set is in-game, definitely. Noticeably lower quality of the lace on her dress sleeves and her hair.

Have you noticed that you're comparing two shots of the same model at very different distances? When you're far away from stuff, it's generally hard to discern detail, even in real life.

Um, no.  DMJ is right.  There is a noticeable graphical difference.  The first set is CGI.  I'm not saying the second set doesn't look great.  It absolutely does, but it's clearly an in-game rendering versus a pre-rendering.  

sc94597 said:
@Naznatips I think yushire meant technically. If he meant artistic too then I agree.

Actually from a technical standpoint my post is also valid. The previous game, Odin Sphere, was too powerful for the PS2 and thus had slowdown.  This game pushes the Wii far more than you think, and is among the highest end of 2D graphics ever created...  Unlike all the 3D stuff you guys are posting, which is low-end for this generation.

naznatips said:
sc94597 said:

Actually from a technical standpoint my post is also valid. The previous game, Odin Sphere, was too powerful for the PS2 and thus had slowdown.  This game pushes the Wii far more than you think, and is among the highest end of 2D graphics ever created...  Unlike all the 3D stuff you guys are posting, which is low-end for this generation.

Well then I agree.But is there any improvement from odin sphere? If not then I don't really think it takes more ware on the wii than the 3d games we are posting.