By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kingdom Hearts Query

Riachu said:
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
soccerdrew17 said:
Riachu said:
Both game have there pros and cons

In terms of story:KH2>KH1(not that KH1 had a bad story)

In terms of gameplay:KH2=KH1(though KH2 was made a little to much on the easy side)

you should probably make it clear that although they seem similar they have various nuances that make them each stand out. im not going over them because: a) they need to be played b) they are really small, but a lot of them

i thought the story of kh 1 just had this magic that was not completely repeated in kh2 mostly due to it not being the first in the series. the battle system in kh1 had a better use of magic, was tougher, and more balanced. kh2 had a more devloped battle system (its really great once u get into it). kh1 had problems with the camera and making you grind too much. kh2 had problems with difficulty or lack there of (i died twice outside of going to a world that was too hard. both were because of transforming into a semi luck based thing that completely gimps u).

important note: sephiroth in kh1 was better

Again I say, KH1's story is by no means bad. I just felt that KH2's story was a little more developed(and maybe a few more interesting plot twists)

KH2's story was emo.

Now KH1...that's a good story :) I want KH3 to be more like KH1 than KH2.
Is a game's story being emo a bad thing?

no, its just extremely debatable which is my point.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

Playing KH2 before KH1 is a shocking idea. KH2 gives you many spoiler flashbacks to KH1 that are enough to ruin the best parts of KH1 but not enough to tell you what actually happened during the game.

KH2 is easily the better game though. The gameplay in KH1, albeit fun, is greatly surpassed by KH2 and the KH2 storyline is the better one.

*spoilers*

Everything seems easy in KH2 until you reach Zaldin, by goodness, he was an absolute ass when I first faced him. Out of the compulsory bosses in KH2 he was by far the hardest.

And imo, the Sephiroth KH2 fight is the better one.

Lightning08 said:
Playing KH2 before KH1 is a shocking idea. KH2 gives you many spoiler flashbacks to KH1 that are enough to ruin the best parts of KH1 but not enough to tell you what actually happened during the game.

KH2 is easily the better game though. The gameplay in KH1, albeit fun, is greatly surpassed by KH2 and the KH2 storyline is the better one.

*spoilers*

Everything seems easy in KH2 until you reach Zaldin, by goodness, he was an absolute ass when I first faced him. Out of the compulsory bosses in KH2 he was by far the hardest.

And imo, the Sephiroth KH2 fight is the better one.
I can't exactly say which one is better.  Both games were great differently but equally IMO.  Play KH1 first before jumping onto KH2.

im not sure i want to play if its going to bleed all over me after it cuts itself :S

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Play KH1 till you get to the final boss then move on cuz ull nvr beat him NEVER. KH2 PWNS the 1st game BTW

Around the Network
Beja-Beja said:
Play KH1 till you get to the final boss then move on cuz ull nvr beat him NEVER. KH2 PWNS the 1st game BTW
The final boss is hard at first but is far from impossible to beat.  I beated this game when I was 10 so he will probably be a little easier for him since he is most likely a bit older than that.

Soriku please switch you avatar back, I don't like your new one.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

KH2 is better than KH1.

But both are better than CoM.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I played KH2 before KH1.

I advise you get KH1 anyone since you'll want to get it once you play KH2 anyway ...

Story - KH2 = KH1 ... both have good stories

level desgin - disney worlds->KH1, origanal worlds->KH2

Gameplay - KH2 is waay better, though it suffers a little from limiting the need for magic...

For KH3 i hope the battle system is an evolution of KH2 -- but i want the level design to improve and the story to focus a little more on KH and less of following the disney worlds story ...

Soriku said:
KH1 is like $19.99. It's pretty cheap.

its cheaper if you get it used

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"