By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft - we have inside information on the future of the Wii

^hmm im not too sure on that,never really heard anything like that

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
rudyrsr8 said:
wasn't Ubisoft the first ones shown the Wiimote and Nintendo helped them with Redsteel?

You are correct. Which is part of what makes Ubisoft's efforts on the console so confusing. While I do believe we'll see more games from them at E3, Ubisoft's recent press releases make me suspect it's bought the whole "Casual" versus "SnobBore" difference hook, line, and sinker. Which is pretty sad, considering that their executives' only job is to read situations correctly. But, c'est la vie.

I don't think Nintendo helped them on Red Steel, but Ubisoft did get to show the first footage of any Wii game with Red Steel. Too bad to hear they're still so close with Nintendo considering all the garbage they're producing on the system. Nintendo would probably make a lot of Wii owners happy by distancing themselves from Ubisoft.

You'd think that, with such "inside information" that they'd actually understand Nintendo's focus isn't actually "casual gaming." Stupid.

"We not very original" pretty much sums it up.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

Around the Network

"We not very original in terms of strategy, we tend to follow what Nintendo’s doing"

Well I sure hope they follow what Nintendo is doing in terms of making great games. Then I can stop boycotting them.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

^yeah i hope so too,but i dont think they will reach ninty quality like they said

This just reinforces the feeling Wii owners have towards Ubisoft. Not going to change this gen :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I actually sense a little bit of conflict within Ubisoft. I think some of the corporate "gets it" and some doesn't; and some studios "get it" and some don't.

On the one hand, they don't have a "casual" division, but a "games for everyone" division. And they have done a good job of developing or publishing a handful of games in niches Nintendo hasn't, including Red Steel, the Coach games, and Tenchu. Plus the Raving Rabbids series really seems to aim for mass appeal, not just "kiddie" appeal.

But on the other hand, they also do mediocre, frequently sequelized garbage like Petz and now Imagine, which seem to be the biggest series of throwaway retard casual games from any of the major publishers.

It just doesn't add up. Instead of either boycotting Ubisoft or defending them because of their rosy financials, I think we just have to look at them as a bloated company without a consistent vision.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

^they are mostly releasing bad games though