By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First 2 months on sale - a comparison

I would like to know when these "hardcore gamers" think there's enough power (if there will ever be). Would you pay 10 000 dollars for a nextnext gen console that has 100000x60000 resolution, air moisturiser, particle accelerator, microwave owen, a grill and of course horsepower enough to do a NASA simulation? Imagine, the developers could create characters that consist of atoms rather than polygons. However, they would not. I think we're coming close to the point when there's anough power to run almost any type of game with pretty graphics. If Sony and Microsoft continue with their power-based battle for supremacy, it's soon a dead-end, because people don't see the difference in the advanced graphics and the developers don't have enough money to make detailed worlds to take full advatage of the system's powers. And if you think people will play with sixaxis in the year 2017, you're wrong.

Around the Network

If the Wii dominates, you'll just have to get used to your non-HD gaming needs.

I can't believe I forgot the subject....wow. But I did find a flaw in this site. There should be some kind of error checking that gaurantees you have a subject, a kinda idiot proof validation. A few lines of javascript could fix that. "function checkSubject(frm) { if (frm.subjectbox == '') { alert("You must have a subject!"); return false; } return true; }" All figures were from this site using the 'console comparison' totals for Japan and Americas. I can't believe so many people are that hardup over graphics. 36+ million people who have purchased the DS prove that graphics are not that important. What's important is the overall enjoyment of the games. Gears of War is a great game, why, the gameplay is intense and very satifying. Sure, it looks great, but if it looked like Halo 1 or MP1 or 2 it would be just as good of a game. I had as much fun playing tetris or new super mario bros. on DS. Plus the Wii will get games that look really good. MP3 and SMG are two that from all accounts see to be as good graphically as most of the 360/PS3 games currently availiable, Yet, they will be as fun if not more intense gameplay wise as Gears of War or Zelda:TP etc. I have the money to buy all three systems and an HD tv if I so choose. However, I don't see enough HD content out there to replace my digital widescreen SD tv. Nor, do I have time to justify the cost of all three systems. Instead I will buy the Wii do to my fanboyish love for the classics as well as the latest incarnations of Mario/Zelda/Metroid and will borrow the 360 I bought for my little brother when a 'killer app' comes out for that system. As for the PS3, eh, all their great games are going to be ported to 360 anyways sooner or later, and I have just an overall dislike of Sony. So. No thank you.

Your DS vs PSP... is a great point. But I own 2 DS. (the good one, not the lightweight flimsy DSl). The only thing I like about the DSl is the screens. they look alot better. Now let me just say this. I want a PSP. I... Really want a PSP. Infact... I havent got a DS game in over 6 months. And there's nothing... that pulls my intrest. Looking at the PSP... there's more that inrest me. That and the lack of a Analog controller. Really hurts the DS. You think I'm a Sony fan? I didnt have a single good thing to say about the PSP. I was all for the DS. I bought 2 of them. I feel ripped. I want a PSP for many reasons. But the final reason I'm probibally going to buy one. Is to link it with my PS3. Too bad my DS cant link to my Wii.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

But the DS can link up to the Wii. Infact thats probably going to be a big focus in the consoles future.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

double post

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

THAT GOES TO KWAAD Too bad u r wrong and now u show that u r a fanboy and that u don't even have a Wii... DS and Wii Connectivity is already out in Pokemon Battle Revolution in Japan and it will soon be out in the rest of the world... and as Nintendo said we will see more DS-Wii Connectivity in the future I have a DS, a PSP, a PS2 and a Wii... i never liked GameBoy or GC but i had to admit that Nintendo made a great job with both the DS and the Wii... PS: I wish i could had a DSLite (i would give my PSP which i hate) but i find it non-wise to buy a console i already have to buy one with tweaked brightness. U bought u DS's?? U shouldn't feel ripped no one made u buy it in the first place... Cheers Fanboy :)

gamingdevil said: THAT GOES TO KWAAD Too bad u r wrong and now u show that u r a fanboy and that u don't even have a Wii... DS and Wii Connectivity is already out in Pokemon Battle Revolution in Japan and it will soon be out in the rest of the world... and as Nintendo said we will see more DS-Wii Connectivity in the future I have a DS, a PSP, a PS2 and a Wii... i never liked GameBoy or GC but i had to admit that Nintendo made a great job with both the DS and the Wii... PS: I wish i could had a DSLite (i would give my PSP which i hate) but i find it non-wise to buy a console i already have to buy one with tweaked brightness. U bought u DS's?? U shouldn't feel ripped no one made u buy it in the first place... Cheers Fanboy :)
Kwaad has stated numerous times he owns a Wii and Zelda:TP. Sorry. He may be a Sony advocate, but he does have other consoles.

rendo said: gamingdevil said: THAT GOES TO KWAAD Too bad u r wrong and now u show that u r a fanboy and that u don't even have a Wii... DS and Wii Connectivity is already out in Pokemon Battle Revolution in Japan and it will soon be out in the rest of the world... and as Nintendo said we will see more DS-Wii Connectivity in the future I have a DS, a PSP, a PS2 and a Wii... i never liked GameBoy or GC but i had to admit that Nintendo made a great job with both the DS and the Wii... PS: I wish i could had a DSLite (i would give my PSP which i hate) but i find it non-wise to buy a console i already have to buy one with tweaked brightness. U bought u DS's?? U shouldn't feel ripped no one made u buy it in the first place... Cheers Fanboy :) Kwaad has stated numerous times he owns a Wii and Zelda:TP. Sorry. He may be a Sony advocate, but he does have other consoles.
He has also stated that is 22 years old with 25 years of gaming experience, so, you know, grain of salt and all.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

I don't know, 22, 9 months of pregnancy, almost 23 there. Perhaps his idea of gaming is fighting for the egg? :P Doubt a sperm can live for 2 years though.