By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Take Two: GTA IV 8.5m sales/11m shipped, Bioshock 2.2m shipped.

GTA IV clocks up 8.5m sales

Bioshock ships over 2m units in period to May 31st

Take Two has revealed new sales figures for Bioshock and GTA IV – with the latter hitting 8.5 million sales to consumers.

In total, GTA IV has sold 11 millon units into retail in the period to May 31st. The game was released on April 29th and famously sold six million in its first week.

Speaking following the announcement of its successful second quarter fiscal results, Take-Two also revealed that BioShock had shipped over 2.2million.

The title was released in late August 2007 on Xbox 360 and PC.

MCV

Around the Network

Very good for vgcharts
Gtaiv sold over 9 in vgcharts only 500.000 over the sales of take two

500k is big margine however

playnext3 said:
500k is big margine however
Not when its out of 9 million

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

And how recent is the GTAIV sales data? US NPD hasn't released yet (if I am thinking right?) so they can only estimate those numbers, or so I would think.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Maybe they are using our numbers, because they seem to be prety similar

Take 2 says 2.2 million Bioshock shipped. VGC has the X360 version at 1.8 mill sold.

I wonder, does the shipped number include the PC version?

Slimebeast said:
Take 2 says 2.2 million Bioshock shipped. VGC has the X360 version at 1.8 mill sold.

I wonder, does the shipped number include the PC version?

It must do. Do digital copies count as sold to retailers? because I assume that would represent a decent proportion of its sales on PC, but I still do think it is over tracked

good job take-two, i hope they never sell to EA.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

Congradulations Take 2!

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)