By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii Screens) Impressive!

sc94597 said:
DMeisterJ said:
tabsina said:
DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
^^^

Do you mean the underwater screenshots wasnt in the 360/ps3 version?

Nope, they haven't added screens for them. I don't think it's hd, because the ps360 screens are only 720p, and the wii ones are over. Thank god it isn't. I don't want the game running at 30fps. 

A game can be in 720p and run at 60 frames per second.  *cough*Madden, Call of Duty 4*cough*

So why do you keep on saying that?

And the two pictures you just posted are both from the PS3 version of the game, when you click on the link, it goes to the PS3 screenshots section.

um.. he said that the wii pictures in this thread aren't as good as those two ps3 screens, which gives him a sense of certainty that these other screens are indeed from the wii version of the game

Erm... I know that.

I was saying that you can have a good looking game, and it can still be smooth.  I was dealing with the frames per second comment he keeps on making.

I was hoping the wii version wasn't 720p because then it would no doubt run at 30fps.

Wii can't output at 720p Can it?

Do you mean a Wii game can't run in 720p at 60 frames or do you mean any HD game can't be 720p and 60 frames cause there are a couple games on PS360 that are 720p 60fps

Around the Network

@DMJ: I'm positive he meant the Wii version can't run 720p at 60fps not even talking about the 360 and PS3 versions.

OT: I love this game and looking forward to picking it up day 1

@Naz: It was said duel mode would be online one time did that change? It even said on IGN it would be the only version with online multiplayer.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
DMeisterJ said:
tabsina said:
DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
^^^

Do you mean the underwater screenshots wasnt in the 360/ps3 version?

Nope, they haven't added screens for them. I don't think it's hd, because the ps360 screens are only 720p, and the wii ones are over. Thank god it isn't. I don't want the game running at 30fps. 

A game can be in 720p and run at 60 frames per second.  *cough*Madden, Call of Duty 4*cough*

So why do you keep on saying that?

And the two pictures you just posted are both from the PS3 version of the game, when you click on the link, it goes to the PS3 screenshots section.

um.. he said that the wii pictures in this thread aren't as good as those two ps3 screens, which gives him a sense of certainty that these other screens are indeed from the wii version of the game

Erm... I know that.

I was saying that you can have a good looking game, and it can still be smooth.  I was dealing with the frames per second comment he keeps on making.

I was hoping the wii version wasn't 720p because then it would no doubt run at 30fps.

Wii can't output at 720p Can it?

Do you mean a Wii game can't run in 720p at 60 frames or do you mean any HD game can't be 720p and 60 frames cause there are a couple games on PS360 that are 720p 60fps

Yes it's possible for the wii to run a game in hd if the developer asked nintendo to make an update supporting it.  NO it's not pratical and the game would look alot worse running in 720p and have half the framerate. 

I was talking about if the wii game was hd. Nothing about the ps360. 

MaxwellGT2000 said:
@DMJ: I'm positive he meant the Wii version can't run 720p at 60fps not even talking about the 360 and PS3 versions.

OT: I love this game and looking forward to picking it up day 1

@Naz: It was said duel mode would be online one time did that change? It even said on IGN it would be the only version with online multiplayer.

No, IGN said it was the only version with multiplayer.  For some reason someone twisted that to be online, and it was proven later in the same thread that it wasn't.  

Also, it's definitely not practical to try and push the Wii into HD.  Nintendo put the 480p limit on the Wii for practical purposes...

Gameplay video from Game Convention

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
celine said:
Gameplay video from Game Convention

Graphics look great but the camera is a little meh and it looks like it could get repetitive

looks good

I thought that video looked fun.

Of course, I didn't let the hype get to me as much so I was fine, but I will be getting the Wii version of this game on day 1....or day 10, depending on money issues and time management.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Wii version has exclusive content over the Hd versions and Duel Mode. I think the case is settled for me and many gamers. The Wii version is looking to be the all around definitive version.

Onimusha12 said:
Wii version has exclusive content over the Hd versions and Duel Mode. I think the case is settled for me and many gamers. The Wii version is looking to be the all around definitive version.

Is it just me, or did the controls seem pretty good during that video? I hear so many people in these forums complaining about the controls and such, but they didn't look that bad during the video.....

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)