By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New black Wii is coming out I heard

epsilon72 said:
Racist!

Once you go black, you never come back...

Around the Network

I really doubt that there will be a memory expansion for a new SKU without a way to upgrade existing Wii's as well. It would be foolhardy for Nintendo to leave early adopters in the lurch...

wow its black and its bigger.................memory

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I really have my doubts about a black Wii. I mean, whose decoration fits with black.
There's always a possibility, but then it would have at least two colors available.

More storage is definately coming, it's really a no-brainer, since Iwata has said Nintendo is bringing a solution for the storage problen. According to (some) retailers in US, new Wii SKU is coming and the stock of the old model Wiis is targeted to be sold out in 90 days.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

well we cant beleive you without anything that backs it up

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

His source is credible. He heard it from me. JK!

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

You know what I dont even think this is 100% I just thought you guys might find it interesting. I'm anxiously awaiting for E3. Hopefully this is true.

new colors arent likely to be introduced until Wii shows signs of a sales plateau.

Nintendo wont make a new sku with larger storage. they'll just offer a storage solution as a separate purchase for those who want it. likely to make more money that way. but hopefully their first step is to open up the SD card for direct access before any idea of external hard drive.

also people thinking of switching colors may want to find out if it's possible to transfer their shop channel info over to the new console. no matter if you havent bought any but those who have spent a large amount on VC and WiiWare should be wary.

Even if Nintendo release a new colour, it won't have more storage space.

as been stated if Memory did become available they're not just gonna say to the existing userbase and people like myself who were queueing on launch night "you need to buy again".

They'll be a solution to upgrade existing Wii's, I personally think it'll be a new channel GUI that implements SD cards so you can create your own channel system and load directly from the SD card. This will be distributed by means of a firmware upgrade and the new SKU's will probably have this installed Out of the box. Of course the new software will need to have some kind of clever security but thats why it'll be taking a while - either way at E3 I think this will be demonstrated and will coincide with the 90 days notice that the existing SKU's have been given.

Colours - not when it's selling so well - after all why complicate the production process when they're struggling to meet demand as it is?