By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Microsoft Needs a Kick in the Pants (and Why I hope MGS4 does it)

obieslut said:
colonelstubbs said:
obieslut said:
I am sorry but you can not compare NG2 with MGS4, thats just clitching on straws clutching at straws to be honest.

Pluss you are not taking into account that the new sku's are comeing out at the same time as MGS4, just looking at how the ps3 sales have dipped in NA shoud let you know how many people are waiting for the 80gb ps3.

Pluss guess what, you need to buy MGS4 to get is aswell lol

Minor fix required

HAHA i am so dumb lol. its because i was talking in italian to me mom whilst typing this up. i was not really paying to much attention

I have to ask...why were you talking in italian to your mum?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Well average PS3 sales are for now - opitmistic - super optimistic.
Japan 10k -> 120k -> 250k
USA 50k -> 200k -> 375k
Europe 100k -> 250k -> 375k
Well, yeah, probably not happening, unless there would be an EPIC advertisement for whole next week. =)
Actually, if they would release a model with BC also in Europe and Japan..
People waited MANY years for MGS4... also MANY waited in USA for 80GB model. =)
Well, as i said, THIS would be really EPIC. =)
But over 500k per week is also a GREAT number. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
Well average PS3 sales are for now - opitmistic - super optimistic.
Japan 10k -> 120k -> 250k
USA 50k -> 200k -> 375k
Europe 100k -> 250k -> 375k
Well, yeah, probably not happening, unless there would be an EPIC advertisement for whole next week. =)
Actually, if they would release a model with BC also in Europe and Japan..
People waited MANY years for MGS4... also MANY waited in USA for 80GB model. =)
Well, as i said, THIS would be really EPIC. =)
But over 500k per week is also a GREAT number. =]

It was announced three feckin years ago....its been a long, long wait...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I'm clearly in the minority, but I think Microsoft's doing the right thing here.

There's always a balance -- you can always cut prices, but those price cuts reduce profits. You can always make more stable profits, but that usually means you can't cut prices regularly. It's a give and take. Sony and Microsoft have been bleeding each other for far too long; it's time to get back onto stable financial ground. 

Unless we don't care about Microsoft's prospects long term? I think a healthy, sound Microsoft is a good thing, and I think that's exactly what they're doing now. They were sacrificing profits for marketshare, and now it's time to sacrifice marketshare for profits.

By the way, I've had my first few days with my new Elite 360, and I'm loving it so far. Got Ikaruga (fantastic, as good as SSHD) Ninja Gaiden II (very good so far) and Mass Effect (pretty good, not great, for me).  Castle Crashers can't come soon enough!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

MS and Sony have both realized that subsidizing gamers isn't giving them the userbase they require to pay off in the long run. They're buckling down and trying to recover what they've already sunk into this generation while making plans for the next big battle.

Small price cuts down the road which keep the hardware profitable are on the menu. Big price cuts are not because they simply won't stimulate enough demand to justify the cost.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
konnichiwaa said:
^ Talking about NPD when will we see May's NPD..?

have you just copied konnichiwa's name but...added an extra 'a'?

Yes and do you have a answer for my question?

famousringo said:
MS and Sony have both realized that subsidizing gamers isn't giving them the userbase they require to pay off in the long run. They're buckling down and trying to recover what they've already sunk into this generation while making plans for the next big battle.

Small price cuts down the road which keep the hardware profitable are on the menu. Big price cuts are not because they simply won't stimulate enough demand to justify the cost.

Yes. I considered giving you a celebratory ban because I agree with this so much, but for some reason others don't seem to like get banned as a reward for intelligent comments. 

It reminds me of the time I vomited all over a girl to tell her how much I loved her. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

konnichiwaa said:
colonelstubbs said:
konnichiwaa said:
^ Talking about NPD when will we see May's NPD..?

have you just copied konnichiwa's name but...added an extra 'a'?

Yes and do you have a answer for my question?

i think it will be in a week

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

CrazzyMan stop it. You are wiser than that.

Your middle target, "optimistic", has 570K for just one week. Up 410K from average PS3 week!

Halo 3 didn't come anywhere near that. Despite selling 3.8 mill ww (900,000 copies in EU/others alone) the HW increase was just 80K (from 150K to 230K).

Yes, I know MGS4 comes bundled, but this game is a lot smaller than Halo 3. I predict 1.5 mill software WW, which normally would mean 30-40K extra HW, but thanks to the bundle & 80GB perhaps 100K extra HW --> 160K+40+100K=300K PS3s during MGS4 week.

DMeisterJ said:
June NPD will be epic.

I think PS3 = 2x 360. If it does beat it by 2:1, expect a 250 arcade, 300 premium, and 400 elite.

If it's anything less than that, don't expect a pricedrop. MS is worried about profit now.
Ok.  MGS4 is officially a disappointment if the PS3 doesn't outsell the 360 2 to 1 this June NPD.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS