By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The wife said I can have a PS3 - need advice

I live in the UK but really want a 60GB or 80GB model - ideally would love 80GB MGS4 bundle pack, looked on Amazon.com but they wont deliver to UK.  I know there's ebay but other than that anyway you can get a US import 60gb or 80gb model ps3 in the UK?

Just to confirm if I were to go down this route they're region free arent they?  if I do have to purchase a UK model, anyone know any decent offers?

Around the Network

your wife said you could? *whipping sounds*

The PS3 games are region free, but from what i have heard the PS1/PS2 games are not region free.

You can get a 60gb ps3 off of amazon.co.uk (as opposed to .com) here is the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Console-Premium-Version/dp/B0007SV734/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1212690372&sr=8-2

Yeah, the games are region free, but the DVDs, BDs, PS1, and PS2 games are not (as far as I'm aware). You could be heading for a whole load of problems if you're not careful.

Around the Network

40 gig is getting the ability to play ps2 games soon so save ur money.... all this stress about the different models makes no sense none of us are gonna b getting or playing ps2 games anytime soon (ever again really)

If I had questions about the pros and cons of importing PS3's, I'd ask *~Onna76~* !

Hmm so I guess it's a UK model.

When or if the UK 40gb gets ps2 compatibility it'll be through a firmware update wont it? Meaning could I but a 40GB now and still get this functionality down the line.

Does the 40Gb on sale now have memory card slots etc

kitler53 said:
your wife said you could? *whipping sounds

I have to consult with my wife if I'm going to spend that much money and anyone who is married should do the same, otherwise they won't be married long.

*whipping sounds* only apply to "my girlfriend said I could..." statements.

rasone77 said:
kitler53 said:
your wife said you could? *whipping sounds

I have to consult with my wife if I'm going to spend that much money and anyone who is married should do the same, otherwise they won't be married long.

*whipping sounds* only apply to "my girlfriend said I could..." statements.

yeah!!

and I cant complain as this would mean I have all 3 with her buying me the 360 without me even asking for it - top this off with this is her first pay from a new job.  Does she go out and buy new clothes - no she lets me get a PS3.