By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What about God of War III?

God of War 3 will surface sometime this fall or winter, rest assured. E3 might be a bit soon, but you have Leipzig and Tokyo Game Show around September/October or thereabouts. Pay attention to the latter two, they often hold just as much juicy news as E3 (which is seriously gimped down now)!

Around the Network

It depends on how much they got done with pre production stages, Santa Monica started full production after GOW2.

they only take about a year to develop a game.

Thats most likely untrue. Insomniac releases one game a year. But this doesn't mean they need one year per game. They most likely have two teams working in parallel and focus on one game before release.

Sony shows games 2-3 years before they come out we have not seen anything from this game yet so I expect late 2010.

Sony have learnt their lesson of showing off games years before they come out. I predict it'll be shown at E3 and will definately be out before the end of 2009.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
they only take about a year to develop a game.

Thats most likely untrue. Insomniac releases one game a year. But this doesn't mean they need one year per game. They most likely have two teams working in parallel and focus on one game before release.

Yes thats true. but i think i saw that santa monica was already making god of war 3 before number 2 came out.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

i'm hoping for around april 2009 as the release

March 2009

God of War - March 2005

God of War 2 - March 2007

God of War 3 - March 2009

(GoW: CoO was not developed by Santa Monica, but by Ready at Dawn, but it again launched in March 2008)

Sony have learnt their lesson of showing off games years before they come out. I predict it'll be shown at E3 and will definately be out before the end of 2009.

Might be scheduled for 2009, but you can bet it'll be delayed. Everything is delayed.

I don't think it would take more than 2 1/4 years to make God of War. The only PS brand game I know that took 3 years to make was Legend of Dragoon, but that's the only one I am aware of. There are definitely others.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."