By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - In game XMB...June 18th CONFIRMED

starcraft said:
ssj12 said:
starcraft said:
ssj12 said:

$ vs Sony over in-game XMB would be the same as SeaGate vs Western Digital ove hard-drive tech a few years back. M$ would get laughed at by the courts like SeaGate was.

You have no idea how the tech world works when it comes to the legal side. As long as a company does their software or hardware slightly different then it's competitor they are fine.

Actually I'm far more knowledgable about the legal side of the technology industry than I am the technical side.  I've spent the better part of the last six months studying Microsoft's various legal woes ().  bbsin wasn't talking about the XMB that was significantly different to MS's, but about strong similarities.  If Sony's XMB was too similar to Microsoft's and Microsoft had a declared patent (which I think they do?) Microsoft could sue very successfully.

Though I agree that Sony are not so stupid as to violate an XMB patent. 

good point

Around the Network

How can you patent in game XMB? or being able to use stuff in-game?

@DmesiterJ

I know thats like Apple suing M$ for just about everything Windows copied fromt he interface to the big icon things in vista.....a HELL LOT!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@DmesiterJ

I know thats like Apple suing M$ for just about everything Windows copied fromt he interface to the big icon things in vista.....a HELL LOT!

Actually Apple might not be able to do much damage to M$ but IBM can. IBM has all the proper patents to put M$ out of business if they want to.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I am waiting for the Trophies to be honest.

I always thought "Achievements" were pointless as they almost always add nothing to the game (ME did I believe). Although I later realized it gave me more incentive to play my games again.

I just bought "Thrillville : Off the Rails" from Gamestop the other day for $17 new and I gotta say the achievements make this one hell of a fun game.

Now this has probably been answered before so forgive me if it has.

When the Trophy system is in place will I instantly gain some from games I already finished or would I need to play from scratch?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!