By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I finally did it! I got a Wii! Some questions!

well for zelda you should try and borrow it off a friend that way you save yourself 50 bucks to buy another multiplayer game i.e mario kart, brawl. as for the third game i would suggest mario galaxy although you could also borrow that off a friend because odds are he/she beat it and doesnt play it anymore. another good game is mario and sonic.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

Congratulations =)!!

breadie2 said:
Unlike 720p or 1080p, 480p does not support true 16:9.
In fact Wii real resolution is720x480 (3:2). It depends on your TV to stretch it to either 16:9 (for HDTV) or 4:3 (for SDTV).

Yeah, don't listen to this guy. He's full of shit.

Alright, I think we all know what time it is...

*hugglez*

Anyways, your Wii should have automatically switched to 16:9 if you're connected to a widescreen T.V. ... strange...

And for the others, you'll might want to try the online site which deals with error codes. That might help you out.

And... hrm... on the single player side of things, you can't go wrong with Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. Smash and Kart can't be beat if you want a great multiplayer experience. So, the choice is yours!

Figured how the widescreen works. If I choose the 4:3 option with my TV set on widescreen it appears to be all stretched , but on the 16:9 option it looks great. So it seems that unlike the PS3, you have to set your TV to 16:9 to play widescreen!

Around the Network

not gonna recommend any games to you just yet cos you've plenty to be getting on with RE4, Z&W and all of the recommends in this thread (but hey you've gotta play Zelda and SMG).

I had seemingly the same problems when first got my wii online where the connection kept dropping but I had a cheap Belking router and it was actually a model Nintendo didn't recommend.

In the end I assigned a static IP address to the Wii and set the thing up manually and it's been great ever since.

*Little tip (obvious I know but) - if you do choose to attempt to set it up manually like I did then ensure you add a new connection and dont edit the existing as it's always good to keep a working one.

Here are some useful links:

http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/68.html - error code lookup
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWirelessRouterIncompatible.jsp - incompatibile router and issue's with some ISP's

But hey I bought mine at launch and a lot may have changed with Wii firmware updates an all that.

Go to the WII Menu > settings > screen > widescreen settings > press 16:9, accept done...

Don't forget to put your TV in 480p under "tv resolution".

As for your WII Code WII Menu > click on Envelope > create message > address book and there's your code. Be aware, if you format your WII your WII Code will be different.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Congratz!

Indeed use Onna's tip, that makes a huge difference.

Instead of Medal of Honor I'd download some WiiWare and Virtual Console titles.

I mean there are over 200 retro games waiting to be downloaded, among which are Castlevania, Sonic, , Mario, Double Dragon, Contra, Mega Man, Streetfighter etc.
Absolutely one of the best features of the Wii!

WiiWare I'd recommend Toki Tori, LostWinds and FFCC.

RE4 and Zack and Wiki are awesome. Galaxy, Zelda and Kart as well. Brawl should be. That must be enough for a while. Maybe add No More Heroes and Okami.

Concerning the network problem, be sure you have the "24 hour connection" on in your menu, I also had this problem that I got an error of I couldn't go online. Then do the network connection settings again and the "test". Hopefully that works. Unless you have a router with a secure connection, others should help you with that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

It's not a problem with the Wii, over here it worked fine as soon as I set the Wii to widescreen. Some TVs detect widescreen automatically, some don't.

As for your connection, it depends on how your network is set up. Do you have a router? Are you also connecting via wireless with your PC? If so, your Wii network settings should match your PC settings. If you're using Windows, go to the network settings, and find the TCP/IP properties. Ask more questions if you need help.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957