By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's wrong with 3rd party devs on the Wii??

Around the Network

This is a reason PS360 owners always bring up Wii Third-party support in arguments, because Wii owners feel the need to make the same (general) thread, over an over again, instead of playing Nintendo's awesome first-party games.

DMeisterJ said:
This is a reason PS360 owners always bring up Wii Third-party support in arguments, because Wii owners feel the need to make the same (general) thread, over an over again, instead of playing Nintendo's awesome first-party games.

That makes absolutely no sense. Ps360 fanboys say that the wii has no good third party games, because nintendo fanboys are asking about the 3rd party support? Please tell me your logic. The only thing I could think of is that they are reminding them, but they probably have that embedded in their head for use. 

sc94597 said:
DMeisterJ said:

That makes absolutely no sense. Ps360 fanboys say that the wii has no good third party games, because nintendo fanboys are asking about the 3rd party support? Please tell me your logic. The only thing I could think of is that they are reminding them, but they probably have that embedded in their head for use. 

My logic is it being drilled in my head everytime I read a thread about someone talking about third-party support for the Wii, or lack thereof, and it being someone who owns the Wii.

Thanks for your insight Benga.

I agree with most of what you said, but I am still worried that no 3rd party has shifted some resources for the Wii, or at least make big multiplat games for the Wii too so far in this gen. If they are gonna start some big project it better be now. They need to see that there's a huge potential market. I will hold my judgements until E3 finishes.

One last thing, I think this gen the Wii will have the most exclusives, and good ones. The way things are going, I believe that a gamer will only need Wii + one HD to be completely satisfied, and that's why I see Wii at the top this gen, because most console hardcores will only need one HD mostly, as majority of the games are multiplats, while Wii will have a lot of exclusives and a lot of casual support.

Around the Network

capcom rocks,theyre my fav developers

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Gorgory said:
Thanks for your insight Benga.

I agree with most of what you said, but I am still worried that no 3rd party has shifted some resources for the Wii, or at least make big multiplat games for the Wii too so far in this gen. If they are gonna start some big project it better be now. They need to see that there's a huge potential market. I will hold my judgements until E3 finishes.

One last thing, I think this gen the Wii will have the most exclusives, and good ones. The way things are going, I believe that a gamer will only need Wii + one HD to be completely satisfied, and that's why I see Wii at the top this gen, because most console hardcores will only need one HD mostly, as majority of the games are multiplats, while Wii will have a lot of exclusives and a lot of casual support.

This last statement is where you are correct the most. WHile the 360 and ps3 get multiplats wii gets exclusives. 

@Dmeister Why do you care about other people's threads so much. YOu are always bitching about threads, Just ignore them if you don't like them instead of trying to degrade them. 

@DMeisterJ and Shameless: Please read my entire post, you will see the quality of games released so far. I'm worried cause I feel the Wii is a missed opportunity for making great games. Devs could make very good games, but they aren't even trying. Some of them are, I highlighted all of that in my comments on each company. Please read before making accusations.

@DJMeister

Let them bring it up.

@OP

Very nice read, at first I was like 'viral markete..' then I read it and XD good stuff, I have to kind of agree with noname but meh.

@noname

It's about as aggrivating as finding the definition of either hardcore or casual as it pertains to gaming when used by gamers as it is to find the definition of quality. All I know is no one here seems to accept anything as a proper gauge for quality.

Even GTAIV wasn't all around quality. Chronotrigger isn't even disputed as it's welll, not in many of these forum goers times.

Could you explain what is a viable source for measured quality again?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Well, the "3rd party on Wii sucks" threads are annoying, but that's the goals, the shills are out in full force.
And if anti-Wii people love to remind Wii owners that they won't get good support, that's because they're doing what is called a projection in psychology. They're projecting their wishful thinking, and that's pretty obvious. The fear is running rampant, it's underneath, and as soon as they have an opportunity to let it go, like when Ubisoft announces their crap, well, they let it go. If they didn't, their head would explode, and you would see a lot of them snap on these very boards.
Even unconsciously, everybody is starting to realize what is happening.

I actually don't just think that the good 3rd party support will come to the Wii, I'm sure they'll trip over themselves to do that and not die. I'm actually waiting for that hilarious moment, which will also be a sad one to watch. I'm already seeing glimpse of that, with people going as far as saying Nintendo should pay for the advertising of 3rd party games.

It has begun, and it it isn't pretty... But it's hilarious. I missed NES disruption, but fortunately I'm not missing this one.
Unfortunately, the comedy gold cguys are disappearing far too quickly. I remember this Bluheim guy that was saying the Wii was a disaster waiting to happen before it launched. His blog was so ridiculous it was a hilarious place. Unfortunately, he snapped before the Wii even launched. Poor guy...
Now he's on NeoGAF, but still pretty much destroyed, I think he completely lost it.

EDIT :

Well, also, the timing of your post, Gorgory, wasn't the best, but I understand why. The wording at the start wasn't very good either. But well, it's refreshing, it tries to be a bit more objective, and tries to explain your disappointment. Even though review scores are not objectives at all, even when aggregated.