By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tenchu 4 exclusive for the Wii?

Its confirmed!

Just check my thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28579

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
This is an interesting thread. If a B-title like Tenchu 4 going exclusive to the Wii already causes so much "backlash" for the lack of a better word, I can't wait to see what happens once the big Japanese games are going Wii exclusive.

But one of the often used arguments, "The Wii will never get main series games, only spinoffs." is starting to fall apart. Not by much yet, but we are getting there.

now we just need this and / or fatal frame 4 to have success so persuade others to develop decent titles for the Wii.  surely but slowly those eastern titles are getting stronger.

Eh, Tenchu hasn't been remotely good since the PSX. We'll see if having the original team on this brings the series back into quality territory, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

windbane said:
BengaBenga said:

You're wrong. We see that developers are more and more spreading their games across Wii/PS360

Capcom: Monster Hunter - Wii, Resident Evil: PS360
Konami: MGS4 - PS360, Castlevania - Wii
Namco: Tales of Vesperia: 360, Tales of Symphonia: Wii
Square: FF - PS3, FF:CC Wii (and the DQ on DS, which is comparable to FF in size)
Tecmo: Fatal Frame - Wii, Ninja Gaiden - 360
Sega: MadWorld - Wii, Bayonetta - PS360

etc.

You would be correct if you'd focussed on the Western developers, but the Japanese definitely show Wii support.

Hum...for Namco you left out Soul Calibur IV on PS3 and 360 versus the spinoff (and a not good game) going to Wii. FF: CC is a spinoff. Versus is also going to PS3. Infinite Undiscovery = 360. Last Remnant = 360 and PS3. I didn't mention DS, so everyone telling me DQ9 going to DS as if I don't know is kinda funny. FF sells more than DQ, btw. I'm not saying anyone is ignoring the Wii, even though people are hating on Ubisoft, I'm just saying the evidence is still favoring multiplat HD titles when it comes to third party big budget games. Like I said, I want innovative Wii games...like Boom Blox and Blast Works next week. Warioware. Games that take advantage of the Wii. I don't see how Tenchu does, but perhaps well find out soon.

Aren't Versus, Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant all spin offs too? And who cares if FF sells more than DQ? That's just a better reason to put DQ on Nintendo consoles, because DQ sells the best in Japan, and the Wii has more than 2x the userbase of the HD consoles combined in Japan. 

naznatips said:
Eh, Tenchu hasn't been remotely good since the PSX. We'll see if having the original team on this brings the series back into quality territory, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

well having the original team develop it,does make things a bit better though

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
yushire said:
SleepWaking said:
Why are you spamming this thread windbane, It's clear your no interested in this title at all.

He is just jealous the real sequel to the franchise of Tenchu series isnt coning to the Wii and what HD consoles get was just a spinoff "not real game" Tenchu Z...

lol, I wouldnt be jealous of any console I have a raging hard on for getting a Tenchu game.

They have sucked since hte PSX even the second one did some things that took the fun out of it, like not innovate what so ever.

If people are holding up a Tenchu game as a reason to get the Wii then I might want to sell mine, because it doesnt bode well for the system.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Am I the only one that thought Wrath of Heaven was awesome?

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Not at all. I thought Wrath of Heaven was a very solid Tenchu. Quick glance at gamerankings shows it got pretty decent scores all around. I think the biggest problem with Tenchu games was it never really changed or tried to do anything new in the later installments.  By the time Fatal Shadows came out, the formula was pretty worn already and showing its age.  

I'm happy to see Tenchu 4 is coming and will hope it turns out to be a quality title.

Stever89 said:

Aren't Versus, Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant all spin offs too? And who cares if FF sells more than DQ? That's just a better reason to put DQ on Nintendo consoles, because DQ sells the best in Japan, and the Wii has more than 2x the userbase of the HD consoles combined in Japan. 

Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery are new IPs, but IU was prompted by Microsoft so I'm not really sure why people are using that at all.

on topic: I remember the original Technu for PS1 and liked it a lot. Don't know why I never followed the sequels...I kinda want to play them now anyway. Hopefully Tenchu 4 retains some of what made me like the original since it's made by Acquire again.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

--OkeyDokey-- said:

i thought it was good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"