By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tenchu 4 exclusive for the Wii?

Darc Requiem said:
While I won't write the game off. The last few Tenchu games haven't exactly been something to write home about. Hopefully having the original development team involved will improve the quality of this entry in the series.

indeed, whichever system it's on.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
windbane, Dragon Quest 9 will be on the DS only.

ohh, ok...I didn't know...that the DS is a new name for the Wii...

--OkeyDokey-- said:
starcraft said:
NJ5 said:

I'll reply to this one since yushire posted it first ;)

It's a Japanese game... Here's what most Japanese developers are probably thinking:

"Ummm, I want to make this new game... Shall I make it for the platform which has 6.12 million units sold in this country and which requires the smallest development cost, or for the one which has 2.11 million units sold and is damn expensive/hard to make games for? Hard decisions..."

Make it for the 360.

The 360 already has a Tenchu game and it's hilariously bad.

So? I'm with Starcraft on this one.

@windbane 

Im talking about the real game you're talking about not if thats a spinoff or a main game.

Just to let you know, this isnt a real game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K5GGdKCeX1o

THIS IS the real game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j-48ZvplDiE

spinoffs and main game was more different than real and not real games.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Err... Aren't we supposed to be talking about this upcoming game, rather than what franchises are coming to the Wii?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network
windbane said:

Either way, the Wii has gotten more DQ than any other console in this generation. Please stop spinning this, it's pretty obvious that Japanese developers are moving towards the Wii except when they get moneyhats from Sony or Microsoft. How many more Japanese Wii exclusive announcements will you need to convince yourself of this?

We should get on topic now. Apparently the developers of the older titles in the franchise are going to be involved, that's good news :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kylohk said:
Err... Aren't we supposed to be talking about this upcoming game, rather than what franchises are coming to the Wii?

Windbane started all of it. BLAME HIM!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Anyway, since it's a ninja game, I think I will keep an eye on this one as well. (Damn the slow responding College connection!)

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

NJ5 said:
windbane said:

Either way, the Wii has gotten more DQ than any other console in this generation. Please stop spinning this, it's pretty obvious that Japanese developers are moving towards the Wii except when they get moneyhats from Sony or Microsoft. How many more Japanese Wii exclusive
announcements will you need to convince yourself of this? We should get on topic now.

It is on topic. Capcom, Konami, Square, Namco, etc are all putting their main games on PS3 and 360. We just had a thread focused on lack of big budget 3rd party games for Wii. I'd rather innovative games like Boom Blox go to the Wii rather than a game that is better suited for the other consoles. What benefit of wiimote does Tenchu get?

windbane said:
(...)

What benefit of wiimote does Tenchu get?

I wish I knew, unfortunately the game isn't out yet. That's what we should be discussing ;) I've been pretty surprised with some creative uses of the Wiimote, it can make games much more pleasurable. When I'm playing a 360 or PC game now, I often think "damn, this would be so much more intuitive and fun with a wiimote".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957