By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can MGS4 reach 7-10 mln. by the end of 2008 thnx to BUNDLE?

I think it depends alot on how long they keep the bundle. As some have said in here, other games have had bundles, but they have been very limited. If all 80g in America are bundles with MGS4 til the end of the year, it has a slim hope, but I highly doubt it.

Around the Network

We're gonna need a big hara-kiri thread for the posters who are overhyping MGS4. The disappointment-ton will be of epic proportions.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

@The Source

ok...thanks

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

brute said:
^but some new owners will see the bundle and will say hey i wanted to get a game anyway,why not just get this

That would work if they were getting the game for free, but they are still paying the extra money for the bundle which means they are paying for the game.  If they are indifferent to the game, they can get a 40Gig PS3 and a game they want for less then the MSG4 bundle.

I am a Metallica-boy, and I say that if they bundle MGS4 with every PS3 sold from now on, it'll reach 10m by January 09.

Crazzy, would you think I'm a freak if I told you I read all your posts late at night, over and over again?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Errrm Nooo.

The bundle will help, perhaps enough to make it the best selling MGS, but probably not by much.

I am expecting 3.5-4.5 million lifetime.

Will we disregard the sales from the bundle the same way we disregard the sales of Wii Sports? If yes, the game will sell less than MGS3 LTD.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

7-10million is just not going happen. That does not mean its not a classic game. GTA is a much bigger franchise than MGS, look at historical sales of MGS games. 5 million before Xmas would be an awesome feat for MGS.

This game just might maybe inch past MGS1 and hit 5.5 million, but it won't happen in 2008, and IF IT HAPPENS, which I doubt, it'll take at least 2 Christmases.

Nowhere near 10 million.

7 million MAX, and as everybody who isnt a metal gear fn is fond of telling us, no game in the series has ever reached 6 million.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot