By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just noticed it, but Wii sales userbase are added by .1 percent weekly

RolStoppable said:
ssj12 said:
It might increase like that but until it sells more then the PS3 + 360 it will never get to 50%. The Wii still only randomly spikes above the sales of its two rival consoles combined.

This doesn't look like random spikes if you ask me. Nine consecutive weeks.

Add the PS3 + 360 sales together... 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
It might increase like that but until it sells more then the PS3 + 360 it will never get to 50%. The Wii still only randomly spikes above the sales of its two rival consoles combined.

but it is outselling the other consoles combined

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I think it will be at 47% by August 31st.

Well just to point out do you know that 3 months includes July, August and September? After E3 and start of holiday season? So they can take the lead easily with 50 percent. Mark my words, we even doubted Reggie that he says that Wii will outsold 360 on america by june, what happened was earlier than his his predictions.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

^the increased production will help it alot

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Do you people even bother looking at the sales numbers? At this rate it will take about another 70 weeks for the Wii to get to 50% marketshare. The holidays will cut this down to about 60 weeks. But that still means June/July/August time next year.

ONLY if PS3/360 sales don't go up and Wii continues to sell out well into next year too.

Anyone guessing it will hit that this year is insane.

For all we know PS3 can get a big boost from the reemergence of the 80GB bundle in the US and Wii marketshare will drop.

For all we know if the rumor I heard today is true and PS3 40GB models somehow get BC this year through software you may see an increase in Japan, seeing as how sales dropped once the 60GB and 20GB model discontinued and they were left with no BC.

I still haven't even mentioned what a price drop on the 360 in the US can do, or another PS3 drop.

Honestly, way too many "ifs" for me to agree on this year.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

^i dont think it will boost its sales enough to help it steal wiis market share,wii just sold more then both combined without japan in yet,and even in one of wiis low weeks in america,i think it will reach it this year,especially with increased production

So if you tabulate market share since the beginning of February:

Sales (Millions) Market Share
As Of Wii X360 PS3 Total Wii X360 PS3
3-Feb 20.78 16.59 9.95 47.32 43.91% 35.06% 21.03%
6-Jun 27.04 18.99 13.10 59.13 45.73% 32.12% 22.15%

It's pretty clear that in 17 weeks, Wii gained roughly 1.8% market share. So 0.1% per week is about right, for the time period between the beginning of February and the beginning of June.

EDIT: Eh, it didn't save some of my table formatting from Excel, but it should be pretty clear. 

The week after Black Friday here in America. That will be when Wii has 50% userbase.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Entroper said:

So if you tabulate market share since the beginning of February:

Sales (Millions)Market Share
As OfWiiX360PS3TotalWiiX360PS3
3-Feb20.7816.599.9547.3243.91%35.06%21.03%
6-Jun27.0418.9913.1059.1345.73%32.12%22.15%

It's pretty clear that in 17 weeks, Wii gained roughly 1.8% market share. So 0.1% per week is about right, for the time period between the beginning of February and the beginning of June.

EDIT: Eh, it didn't save some of my table formatting from Excel, but it should be pretty clear. 

yes but lately the sales for ps3 and 360 have dropped,while wiis has been gaining,it will get more then .1 per week