By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So is this the ime for Ninty to stockpile Wii to counter MGS4?

i think they will ship around 600k or more at mgs4's launch.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

^^^

Its too many even for Ninty's standards.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

nintendo dont need to increase supply, the Wii will probably outsell the PS3 anyway, even MGS4 cant change that.

Why would they? I mean come on, look around, there are plenty of threads claiming that MGS4 WILL NOT boost sales or 'save' the PS3....

Nintendo are in a cushy position from the looks of it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Ninty had a big week for Wii fit, then a small week this week.

They usually have 2 small weeks in between each big week, so it seems likely.

However, I hope they don't, I mean, don't get me wrong - it was a hilarious 'up yours' when they did it to GTAIV. But I actually like the Metal Gear franchise so it now seems cruel :P

Around the Network

Is possible...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I don't think they need to stockpile to beat the MGS4 launch, it will boost sales of PS3, but not by much. if GTA 4 couldn't even come close to regular non holiday non-big release weeks then MGS4 won't touch it.

superchunk said:
yep. They will probably do that for every big PS360 release to prove the point that Wii is >>>>> than any 'core' game.

and the point is?

DId GTAIV not sell because Nintendo suddenly decided to ship twice as many consoles than before? No

Did it stop PS3 and 360 from boosting their number in that week? No

Did it get the Mainstream media attention away from GTAIV? No

Nintendo could sell their console anytime they want, it makes no sense for them to hold their potential money in the pocket.

but then again, they probably will, don't ask me for their reason.s 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Possible, but MGS4 is a little game in comparison to GTAIV.

MANUELF said:
Possible, but MGS4 is a little game in comparison to GTAIV.

Exactly. Of course Nintendo isn't worried about MGS 4.  That's ridiculous.