By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

BCNR34 said:
pretty sure this is just ioi overcompensating for being over last month, doesn't want to be 150k over again, or whatever it was, so he's underestimating the ps3.

I doubt that. One of the advantages ioi enjoys with his system is going back and making adjustments. AFAIK NPD can't or at least doesn't put out press releases saying last month's numbers should be adjusted to keep their LTD totals accurate. If ioi really felt he overtracked the PS3 last month he'd go back and change the numbers for last month instead of sabotaging this week's numbers.

@Gamer4Life

*facepalm*  I'd be surprised if you make it to 100 this way. 

Around the Network

@G4L - There are some people that enjoy both the PS3 and 360. Me, BBSin, and many other people.

For some reason, I'm not sure you will be around much longer.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Didn't Sony state that the 80Gb is becoming obsolite, so those who wanted BC and 80G went out and bought one while it lasted?

And now they're bringing it back? - only months after it all sold out???

Oh would I be hating Sony right now had I bought an 80gb PS3 because they said they are no longer making them...

What is the standard price of the 80GB model? is it $599 with $100 off making it $499 (Same as the 40GB so not realy a $100 savings, just better hardware for same price?)

Or is it $499 (Same as 40Gb) with $100 off making it $399 (An Actual $100 Savings).

If it's the former, I wont expect more then 75K NA sales for that week.

If it's the latter, then it could go anywhere between 90K and 140K NA. (Large margin I know but if it's $399 instead of $499 (A $100 savings like people are claiming), then I have no real idea how the sales would go.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

@magera

they never said they are no longer making them..

the 80GB got sold out naturally as supply goes & they didn't restock retailers..thats it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Gamer4life said:
bbsin said:
Gamer4life said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Haha PS3 fanboys I await the dissapointing numbers when you see that even with the bundle it won't move alot of consoles. Cmon $499 is too high. Only ppl buying is the desperate SONY hardcore fanboys. They are trying hard though LOL. If it sells 350k thats an accomplishment even though it isn't alot. Its funny how all the top games for PS3 are always bundled and still has a waaaaay lower software ratio than 360 and even the casual gaming system that is the Wii(just pathetic really). Seems even SONY doesn't believe in its own console unlike MS with 360. I think we can finally have more respect towards Halo 3 as it didn't release a new controller, new console and no bundle and no $100 off in Walmart and BestBuy anddd a lower install base and still we all know it that it will have moved more consoles and sold more than SONY's pathetic attempt that is MGS4. HELL I doubt MGS4 can even beat GeOW in sales. HAHAHA!!!

Anyone want to make a bet? how long is this fanboy going to be here before being perma banned? I pick under 75 posts.

BTW how are you enjoying HAZE? LOLOLOL!!

TBH, So far it hasn't been very good, but hey, I'm not a stuck up prick fanboy like you so I have the ability to play games for myself before talking shit. Eitherway, it's sure as heck better than the "nothing" I've been playing on my 360 lately, but even that will change once i get my fingers on NG2.

and "LOLOLOL!!"???? seriously? how old are you? 12? enjoy your time here while it lasts.

Around the Network

No, everything is fine. The only downside here is that these recent downturns in the western market attack the notion that the PS3 would launch to victory this year, constantly growing its sales and outpacing its competitors over time. That idea was absurd to begin with, of course -- just as with any other man made console, the PS3's sales fluctuates with time.

These results are still better than at this point last year, next week will see a significant boost, and MGS4 will create a boost after that. These are just fluctuations, the PS3 is doing just fine.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I would say that the 17k (the 360-PS3 diff) or so is a reasonable number for the amount of people who will be waiting for the 80GB model (I haven't seen an 80 GB since early march)  Still, we'll have to wait and see next week. or the week after....)

@gamer4life

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

eliasg said:
360 is outselling PS3....

Some great news here!!!!!!

If you say so

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Diomedes1976 said:
I will wait for NPD data.
Thanks for informing us Dio.

darthdevidem01 said:
@magera

they never said they are no longer making them..

the 80GB got sold out naturally as supply goes & they didn't restock retailers..thats it

But what was this whole fiasco about if you want BC, you better go out and buy one because they would no longer be supplying them to America... hence why the 80Gb model was sold out?

Or did they state that they would bring them back eventually?  I don't know. I'm from Australia so I'm not part of the american cultural system.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!