By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

To any hopefuls that are cheering about Mgs4, I live in Manhattan, and I can INDEED tell you 100% that Mgs4 is being hyped. (though not Brawl or MkWii hyped though.)

I was walking to McDonalds, Manhattan has a ton of the gourmet McDonalds just like Florida, me and a couple of friend were eating there watching tv, yes they have 8 tvs in the entire McDonalds I ate at.

All of a sudden, NICE commercial showing Revolver Ocelot, Liquid, and of course snake, came on. It is defintely a movie experience. The Ps3 should be able to do this week's Wii numbers next week.

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Wow Others spanked Americas, there is a huge difference in hardware sold.

Yeh, certainly the PS3 has more than half it sales in others every single week

reask said:
i have said it many times but i will say it again the ps3 is falling week on week why because promises keep been broken; expectations fail to be fulfilled.
deadlines keep slipping.

I always wonder how someone expects to be taken seriosuly when their avatar clearly shows their fanboy bias.  My advice to you , young poster, find a less confrontational avatar and a more even toned rhetoric and people might actually start believing you.

If you don't like the numbers, wait for NPD. They do seem a little low to me considering this is for the whole America, but it's what it is and I trust they are close to reality.

@str8knox

brilliant news..I am glad SONY are doing it justice

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Wow Others spanked Americas, there is a huge difference in hardware sold.

Yeah it's weird I was just arguing in the Others topic a few days ago about how HW does better in NA on consoles at least.  PS3 usually does better in Others but 360 + Wii both have fared better in NA.  Lately though 360 has done better in Others for a few weeks.  Wii is a crazy rollercoaster due to supply and we'll probably see 200k+ sales in NA next week or at least the week after to try to counter MGS4 momentum.

Why are a lot of people getting mad that Ps3 didn't outsell 360 in America? America is 360's home turf after all. I didn't even expect the Wii to pass it until around July.

Think how it would feel if the 360 was beating the Ps3 in Japan, its home turf.

I will wait for NPD data.

I did a little double take as well. Hopefully it's the mgs4 bundle excuse.

Economic crisis means less disposable income to buy games. PS3 suffers because it's the highest priced.