By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

Yeah and when it drops of they will say

ZOMG MGS4 = no boost PS3 fanboys FAIL!

{sigh}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:

The $100 deal is going to be amazing for the PS3 :P Word had it that Wallmart was already sold out yah? I don't think theres any reason to be concerned :P

[edit] and with the re-introduction of the 80 and MGS4, it can't go anywhere but up :D 

Ya, Wal-Mart sold out.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

A slow week for PS3 in Americas, the calm before the storm.

PS3 sales in Americas will be over 150k with MGS 4 launch week. MGS 4 launch week will see the PS3 achieve a 400k hardware week sold worldwide.

Lots of people waiting for the MGS4 80 gig bundle...

Why did Sony ever discontinue that?

Anyhoo, yeah, lots of people waiting for that, as it's being advertised more and more if you go into Gamestop or Best Buy.

hahahahahah 43k thats a joke, you act like casual gamers are going to flock to the ps3 cause of MGS.

casual player= huge sales

Wouldnt you consider the fact that the people who were holding back on the ps3 bought it when GTA IV came out!

The only reason the ps3 will sell more is cause the ps3 has a new bundle, expect the sales to fall back to 50-60k in 3-4 weeks when every one got the bundle already.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

A slow week for PS3 in Americas, the calm before the storm.

PS3 sales in Americas will be over 150k with MGS 4 launch week. MGS 4 launch week will see the PS3 achieve a 400k hardware week sold worldwide.

You think MGS4 will move more sistems than GTAIV?

Come on man. I'm as quick to laugh at the PS3 as anyone, but...no, there is no way it's in trouble. I think it is decidedly "out of trouble" and sailing on the verge of "popular."

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

despite 360 sales in NA, its still behind the PS3 overall and in others (where it had a price cut).

Magnific0 said:
If you don't like the numbers, wait for NPD. They do seem a little low to me considering this is for the whole America, but it's what it is and I trust they are close to reality.

NPD has been lower than VGChartz significantly lately.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Come on man. I'm as quick to laugh at the PS3 as anyone, but...no, there is no way it's in trouble. I think it is decidedly "out of trouble" and sailing on the verge of "popular."

Take the title with a grain of salt.

Darthdevidem can be a little... melodramatic.