By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

BCNR34 said:
pretty sure this is just ioi overcompensating for being over last month, doesn't want to be 150k over again, or whatever it was, so he's underestimating the ps3.

no hes just putting up what his data shows

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

@Magera: The whole situation has been very cryptic. However, the fact is that the 80gb was available in most stores until around the end of February, and then at some point in March it was announced that there would be an MGS bundle with the 80gb system. So in essence, we've always either have had the 80gb system available to us or at the very least, we knew it would be returning.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

@magera

they had a no comment status...in EU they said....right 60GB's going

in NA they didn't say they were discontinuing it BUT they announced the MGS4 bundle around 2 weeks after the 80GB got sold out....so technically they said yes 80Gb is coming back

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Cobertnation said:
I think they VGchartz are undertracking the ps3 or overtracking the 360 cuz all of a sudden how is the 360 selling more with no big releases and one of sonys biggest coming up they stop selling!!??

If there are going to be appealing bundles next weeks, it makes sense people are waiting. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

MontanaHatchet said:
At first I was disappointed, but now I realize just how exciting the PS3's sales are this week.

How? People waiting for mgs4 bundle?

Around the Network

Few reasons:

1.  $100 Gift cards with ps3 purchase next week.

2.  Re-release of the 80 GB ps3 next week.

3.  MGS4 bundle next week.

Makes perfect sense of why the ps3 would be down slightly this week.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

This is sad. Next week is the great boost (I am buying one).

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

DragonLord said:

Few reasons:

1.  $100 Gift cards with ps3 purchase next week.

2.  Re-release of the 80 GB ps3 next week.

3.  MGS4 bundle next week.

Makes perfect sense of why the ps3 would be down slightly this week.

This makes me highly anticipate next weeks sales....after the letdown of this week

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@colonelstubbs

we may see a two week momentum build up....then a small drop of....then to maybe a slightly higher usual sales level.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@colonelstubbs

we may see a two week momentum build up....then a small drop of....then to maybe a slightly higher usual sales level.

I agree, thats what i said in an earlier post, i do see a strong surge around MGS4 release, but obviously it will drop off, a fact the anti-sony team thinks the pro-sony team dont realise

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot