By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom's New Wii game - Spyborgs...

spdk1 said:
"Spyborgs has a very kid-friendly look, but the writing is a little more mature than the visuals. We noticed several instances where swear words had been bleeped out. Of course, a lot of the gags are of the childish, toilet humor variety, as well. One commercial features two banjo-playing fish singing about poo."

Win!  I want this game!

This looks, stylistically and story-wise, like the video-game equivalent of something like the original Ninja Turtles, Street Sharx, or Biker Mice From Mars.  In other words, WIN AGAIN!

I could use another decent platformer this gen to go alongside Mario Galaxy, and this one's got coop and poo

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Wow....Time to boycott Capcom!

mrkk said:
First Ubisoft, now Capcom.
It's like third parties didn't want the Wii to succeed...

Seriously: quit moaning already. WTF has this game to do with Babiez Party?!? Absolutely NOTHING!
The artstyle looks cool, it has some humor and great characters. You may not like these kind of games, that's alright, but every blind frog can see that this game is going to have quality. Maybe not yet in the visual department, bu it is set for a 2009 release so a lot can be done to it.

Capcom =/= Ubisoft. We have RE4Wii, Zack & Wiki and Okami and will get Spyborgs, Hot Shot Golf and Monster Hunter (and probably Streetfighter 4 as well) so STFU about Capcom! I mean it.

i didnt like the screenshots much but the teaser trailer has me thinkin this will be a good game

mrkk said:

Is this a current virus infecting the video gamers? Well, if a game that has yet to be published doesn't appeal to oneself - just don't buy it. The Ubisoft-bash-chain-reaction seems to confuse many gamers o_o

The trailer looks funny! New and fresh ideas, love it. I'll keep an eye on Spyborgs.

Around the Network

So they announce a new game with only screen shots and no real info so what does that mean?

"Like you know"

BengaBenga said:
mrkk said:

Seriously: quit moaning already. WTF has this game to do with Babiez Party?!? Absolutely NOTHING!
The artstyle looks cool, it has some humor and great characters. You may not like these kind of games, that's alright, but every blind frog can see that this game is going to have quality. Maybe not yet in the visual department, bu it is set for a 2009 release so a lot can be done to it.

Capcom =/= Ubisoft. We have RE4Wii, Zack & Wiki and Okami and will get Spyborgs, Hot Shot Golf and Monster Hunter (and probably Streetfighter 4 as well) so STFU about Capcom! I mean it.

Wow,  RE4 Wii = Port,  Okami =   Port who didn't worked out that well.  zack Wiki is good though....Hot shot golf ..A golf game hurray =p.....Monster Hunter 3,  No one cared about the first two parts over here now we do?  Spyborgs...lol;..=p Well wait and see..

Street fighter 4,  serious keep on dreaming

rudyrsr8 said:
So they announce a new game with only screen shots and no real info so what does that mean?

It means that Capcom has been a (the most?) consistently high-quality publisher for the Wii, and that us Wii owners should be excited about receiving a new exclusive.

On a side note, I find the reactions to this game in this forum hilarious.

Some developer announces another gritty, realistic shooter with gritty, realistic visuals for the PS3/360, and the reaction is "OHMIGOD THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!!!" (See: Haze, Killzone 2)

Then another developer announces an interesting-looking game with a unique, colorful art style for the Wii, and the reaction is "meh. it's probably gonna suck." (See: This game, and games like Deadly Creatures)

What does it say about the "hardcore" gaming community in general that we're basing so much on simple screenshots?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Boycott Capcom then ??

Garcian Smith said:
rudyrsr8 said:

It means that Capcom has been a (the most?) consistently high-quality publisher for the Wii, and that us Wii owners should be excited about receiving a new exclusive.

On a side note, I find the reactions to this game in this forum hilarious.

Some developer announces another gritty, realistic shooter with gritty, realistic visuals for the PS3/360, and the reaction is "OHMIGOD THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!!!" (See: Haze, Killzone 2)

Then another developer announces an interesting-looking game with a unique, colorful art style for the Wii, and the reaction is "meh. it's probably gonna suck." (See: This game, and games like Deadly Creatures)

What does it say about the "hardcore" gaming community in general that we're basing so much on simple screenshots?

umm you guys are aware there's a video trailer aren't you

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34726.html