By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - !@#$ purple coins.

Luigi's purple coins were annoying but the best way to beat that is to watch a video of someone doing it then you will realise that it is not impossible.You should follow the video and play like the guy that was able to beat it then after 50 tries of failure and getting frustrated you will probably need do it more times to be able to be it.I am sure you will be able to beat it you just need some patiece it took me like 2 hours but anyways in my opinion that's not the most annoying level for me it was Dreadnought Galaxy: Battlestation's Purple Coins that sh*t was annoying as hell.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
Luigi's purple coins were annoying but the best way to beat that is to watch a video of someone doing it then you will realise that it is not impossible.You should follow the video and play like the guy that was able to beat it then after 50 tries of failure and getting frustrated you will probably need do it more times to be able to be it.I am sure you will be able to beat it you just need some patiece it took me like 2 hours but anyways in my opinion that's not the most annoying level for me it was Dreadnought Galaxy: Battlestation's Purple Coins that sh*t was annoying as hell.

See, it wasn't that hard for me. I got it in a few tries after I figured out that I didn't need all of them. The Dreadnaught Purple Coin Level had me wanting to kill someone. Nobody mentioned the Bouldergeist Daredevil Comet. That was a pain too.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
ctk495 said:

See, it wasn't that hard for me. I got it in a few tries after I figured out that I didn't need all of them. The Dreadnaught Purple Coin Level had me wanting to kill someone. Nobody mentioned the Bouldergeist Daredevil Comet. That was a pain too.

The bouldergeist was not actually hard it was tricky if you didn't know how to do it then it would have been impossible. I saw a video on youtube of some guy doing it and then I tried it and it worked but before I have done that it was almost impossible for me to beat it, I kept dying :(

The 121st star is the hardest though.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I hate the purple coins too

Around the Network
amp316 said:
The 121st star is the hardest though.

QFT.I have lost the count of how many times I lost in that level so annoying what was shiggy thinking when he made that insanely difficult level?

Actually, I had absolutely no problem whatsoever with the Luigi Toytime galaxy. The key is to remember that you only need to collect 100 coins and not all 150 or however many there are. Move along diagonals and grab the coins you need to long jump for whenever possible. I think it only took me 1 try with Luigi, but it took me some 20 tries or so with Mario.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

ctk495 said:
amp316 said:
ctk495 said:

The bouldergeist was not actually hard it was tricky if you didn't know how to do it then it would have been impossible. I saw a video on youtube of some guy doing it and then I tried it and it worked but before I have done that it was almost impossible for me to beat it, I kept dying :(

Y'know, it's kinda funny^^; I was able to do the bouldergeist daredevil run on my first try. Which is really weird 'cause it took me a ton of tries to do the normal one. I did get ticked off by the Lava volcano place's daredevil one^^;

There was also some other one that gave me trouble, but the rest were fine it seemed^^;

Also, ditto grey :3 first time with Weegee, but it took a while with Mario. I have to say, Luigi was fun to play as^^

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

It is a fairly easy course if you just have the strategy.

Remember; you only need 100/150 coins.
You must always leave a trail to get back.

You DO NOT have bad time.

Okay, I made this one through with 143/150 coins, and here's how I did it (roughly)

Run along the western edge, skip 3 (or more) of the green ones so you can jump back on them. Take the 5 that sit in the corner by jumping and spinning, it is easier than you think, and really makes it easier getting 100.

Just run over the yellow tiles, ignore the coins as of now.

Take the green ones that are straight through from where you started. Run east, jump across twice and get the coins. Now you're back to the yellow tiles you skipped, not taking the coins made this much easier for you now. Take all the coins, and jump over the mud. If you jump in the middle you can get all 12 coins that are there. Take the ones lying around on the green there, hop back to the green ones you skipped, and go back in.

You should have managed 130-140 coins, so you can afford to miss quite a lot.

Good luck.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Well, for the Toy Time Purple Coins, I just comb the place in a clockwise direction until I reach the top right corner, then I make my way down and get more coins by running over the tiles in a zig zag way. I always leave some tiles standing near the start of the level so I have a return path to reach the star.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here