By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco Bandai: Eternal Sonata PS3 “Japan only”

Well, if it's true, it doesn't surprise me. In fact I had the feeling that would happen. What I believe happened is that Microsoft paid Namco for a timed exclusive to help the XBox 360 in Japan and in NA as well to try to cater to a new audience. However, the game was pretty much a flop. Namco didn't lose money because of the deal they had with Microsoft. Now, they want to get more money out of it so they release a PS3 version in Japan that is almost certain to beat what the game did worldwide on the 360. Now they don't want to release it in North America because the sales of the game weren't good with 3 times the install base of PS3 in North America.

I expect the same thing could happen with Tales of Vesperia. Namco has never been the smartest of companies, especially when they need to market a game for the West.

This generation is hell for JPRG fans such as myself as all consoles (plus handhelds) are getting a good share of the games.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

So they are going to release it exclusively in the PS3's smallest market? Yeah, that's makes sense. I really hope that's just a tentative thing, that they will release it outside of Japan, they just don't have anything to say about it right now.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Darc Requiem said:
Sounds like what happened with Tales of Symphonia. It was eventually released for PS2 in Japan. Although, in the case of ToS, it was SCEA that prevented its US release. I wonder if this is a repeat of that or a decision by Namco.
The PS2 version of ToS was made because the GC version didn't sell as well as expected in Japan(sold 300K, was expected to sell 500K).  The sales of the PS2 version surpassed the sales of the Japanese GC version with over 400K sold.

I'm importing.

This is a bit strange of them to only release this title in the PS3's smallest market, as if it was released here in the EU i would more than likely buy the game to get my JRPG fix untill WKC lands (whenever that will be)...

Oh well, another title that i cannot play due to the language barrier

Around the Network

o well guess i im gunna have to rent it on 360 instead now. I was gunna wait for the extras in a ps3 version.

this just like when namco didn't release tales of symphonia outside of japan for ps2

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

key words are

"right now" and "at this moment"

Not that I care but still.

This is why I am getting a 360, I cannot just survive on reaplaying old jRPGs, or buying acient ones!!! If I did not get a 360, I would just buy all the PS1 FFs once I'm done with FF X and Star Ocean Till the Ends of Time

@munkeh111

I'm going to DS way now for a JRPG fix...as S-E supports it

I'm switching to DS from PSP

trading in PSP next month after playing FF7:CC

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey