By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

Not buying a bad game isn't a boycott. A boycott means that you will never buy anything from them regardless of if they release the greatest game of all time on the Wii. I just thought that I'd clarify what the word boycott means.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
So you believe we should go buy these crappy games? Because what we are doing by saying boycott is saying we won't buy their games unless they give us quality.

Uh, I would do that anyway. I try to avoid spending money on shit.

The thing is, I don't refer to it as a "boycott". I call it "smart spending". I tend to reserve the word "boycott" for companies that do things like drop mustard gas on African villages.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

amp316 said:
^^ ^^

This is gold. Really guys, I'm a Wii owner and I'm getting sick of this Ubisoft boycott crap.
 Ditto. I said when it kicked off I couldn't understand how people were going to boycott products they had no intention of buying in the first place. If anything I'm actually going to enjoy it. They've made a terrible business decision and now they get to face the consequences. Hopefully there will be one less crappy developer in existence in a couple of years time, which can only be good for the industry as a whole.

amp316 said:
Not buying a bad game isn't a boycott. A boycott means that you will never buy anyhting from them regardless of if they release the greatest game of all time on the Wii. I just thought that I'd clarify what the word bycott means.
Then I guess it's not a boycott, so everybody against it could go away now knowing we arent' boycotting them.

Then take boycott Ubisoft out of your signature. Put I'm not supporting Ubisoft's crap games in it instead. It would make more sense.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
Wii owners sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation forcing all developers to make games for the Wii that I'm missing here?

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7839&Itemid=2

Then don't release ANY games if you don't care about supporting the console with good games.

So the CEO is a lying douchebag? That's your complaint?

If that's your barometer for liking or disliking a company, your list of boycotted companies must be about two miles long.

No most developers that don't want to support the wii come out and say it. Ubisoft lies and then says it ok you get this game. Not to mention that ubisoft was the first to support the wii and made two decent games for it and a good port. Now they ignore it and release shovelware?

So what? There are plenty of companies whose games I don't buy.

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them.

I agree. It is almost as pathectic as those user complaining about Fallout 3. The industry does not have to cater to their tastes.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Well anyway, It's nice to see that they are still making lies and saying that the wii is getting some good support from a spinoff, a sequel to an average game, and a port.

ItsaMii said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
Wii owners sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation forcing all developers to make games for the Wii that I'm missing here?

Then don't release ANY games if you don't care about supporting the console with good games.

If that's your barometer for liking or disliking a company, your list of boycotted companies must be about two miles long.

No most developers that don't want to support the wii come out and say it. Ubisoft lies and then says it ok you get this game. Not to mention that ubisoft was the first to support the wii and made two decent games for it and a good port. Now they ignore it and release shovelware?

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them.

I agree. It is almost as pathectic as those user complaining about Fallout 3. The industry does not have to cater to their tastes.

Fallout 3 is a kick in in the balls to those who previously enjoyed the series.

There's quite a bit of a difference there. It would be akin to George Lucas signing off rights to the Star Wars movies to Uwe Boll. People have a right to complain about the direction the series is going. The big difference is that I don't recall hearing the word "boycott" once in any of those discussions. People just said they aren't going to buy the game.

On the other hand, Wii fans are complaining about games they've never played that aren't announced for their system. It's like bitching at the sun every morning for rising in the east because your bedroom window has east-facing windows.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

O-D-C said:
I like Red Steel and No More Heroes two Ubisoft titles (although NMH wasent developped by UBI.)

So? At least they picked it up so we could play it

And Red Steel was sweet. So what if it was developed in under 2 years? What do you expect from a launch title?

Before you pull the Twilight Princess or Halo card, may I remind you that Halo was originally a Mac game before Microsoft bought Bungie and Twilight Princess was an inferior port of an excellent GameCube game. Both had years of development beforehand. 

rocketpig said:
ItsaMii said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

Fallout 3 is a kick in in the balls to those who previously enjoyed the series.

There's quite a bit of a difference there. It would be akin to George Lucas signing off rights to the Star Wars movies to Uwe Boll. People have a right to complain about the direction the series is going. The big difference is that I don't recall hearing the word "boycott" once in any of those discussions. People just said they aren't going to buy the game.

Then that is the same thing as boycottin.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/boycott

"2.to abstain from buying or using: to boycott foreign products."