By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Almost 200k MGS4 pre-orders already in Japan (according to TheSource Prelim

PS3 Software – Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 2 was the only the PS3 title in the preliminary data this week. The game sold about 12,000 units and should be off the chart next week given how western software typically performs in Japan. In brighter news, preorders for Metal Gear Solid 4 in Japan are slowly edging toward 200,000 units, with nine-ten days left to reserve the game. Expect PS3 hardware sales to remain in the 6,000 to 10,000 range for the week.

I was thinking around 350k first week of MGS4 software sales in Japan.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

yeah 350k looks like it will happen,and it will be over 1 mil WW

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Well it is not bad or good if you ask me;..If it were bundles then it would be special;.

^well considering its userbase its good

Mwah, if it had a bigger userbase I would considering that 200k is very low but now it is avarage;..

Around the Network

Doesn't the 200k pre-orders indicate the retailers stock? Is that added to a regular order or something?

Aj_habfan said:
Doesn't the 200k pre-orders indicate the retailers stock? Is that added to a regular order or something?

I think the Source mean customers pre-orders he is talking about reserving games so...

300K 1st week in Japan max. I don't think the game could sell to 25% of the userbase in 2 weeks. If it sells 350-400k then it will ahve to drop really hard next week.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
300K 1st week in Japan max. I don't think the game could sell to 25% of the userbase in 2 weeks. If it sells 350-400k then it will ahve to drop really hard next week.

im thinking a 60% drop from first to second week

Anyone remember the 700k+ pre-orders for SMG and how many are sold in the first week?