By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Alone in the Dark delayed on PS3 (again)

http://kotaku.com/5012105/alone-in-the-dark-delayed-for-ps3

Still June 24 for all other consoles.  No date given for the PS3 now.  Before exploding on Eden Games though, their reasoning is good.  Their comments on the subject (as paraphrased by Kotaku):

They say the game is "not performing as well on PS3 as we hope it is in terms of frame rate," and they're holding back the title in order to give PS3 players their money's worth.

It's better to delay a game till it's just right imo.  I respect Eden Games' commitment to giving PS3 owners the experience they deserve, even if it means waiting a little longer.

Around the Network

I take this as good news and any ps3 only owner should too. This means they actually care about the game enough to make it an equal experience for everyone rather than just hand out a  crappy version to ps3 only owners.

ps3 actually is an absurd hardware to program. Ps3 version of aitd might be delayed forever

It's a good move and a bad move, since more people who own multiple systems will get it for the other system, but good since it will be a playable game, not like other multiplats in the past.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I agree with trestres... it's good news and bad news. Good that the developer/publisher is willing to wait until they get it right, bad that it's taking this long to get it right.

Around the Network

its bad because the game will lose all the hype by the time it comes out on ps3, also they should be used to ps3 by now most devs got used it already

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

If it turns out to be a stellar game with high reviews and tons of people wanting to play it, then it hurts nothing and may actually help the PS3 version because it will turn it from a meh game to a must have game.

If the game turns out to be a crap fest, or even mediocre it will hurt the PS3 because once people know for sure they are going to be buying crap they aren't likely to spend the money on it.

Either way I'm still going to gamefly it.

allergic said:
ps3 actually is an absurd hardware to program. Ps3 version of aitd might be delayed forever

So you've programmed a game for the console before have you?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
allergic said:

So you've programmed a game for the console before have you?

I have a little experience with the Cell engine, and what allergic says is partially true.  Straightforward CPU code is just about as easy as on any other modern processor, but unless you can rely on that sort of code, you have to work a lot harder and use the SPE's.  The PS3 will probably have some absolutely jaw-dropping exclusive titles one day (GT5 is shaping up to be one of them), but porting a game from another platform can be tricky if the primary CPU code doesn't provide the performance needed. 

I just read a review of it today and it got a 74. I am not really interested in it anymore.