By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Two more secret games for 360 - one to use rumored x-mote

mrstickball said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Whoa, slow down buddy, I didn't even know C&C3 came to consoles.

I stand by my original statement though, to get true micro skills with an RTS you need a keyboard and mouse combo. Having a pointer would help, but you'd still lack the necessary number of buttons to be truly nimble, and not just "able".

Then why are you trying to bash console RTS games, without playing any of the recent examples? LOTR: BFME2 for 360 was near-perfect for the 360, and C&C3 wasn't far behind. EA has done wonders for Console RTS'es..And yet you haven't even seen them!

I've played both, extensively (on PC and 360): the 360 rev is a poor, pale, shadow of the PC iteration, both graphically and control-wise, and are not much better than myriad other, aborted, attempts at PC RTS' of the past.

Sorry.

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
I dunno, i think MS have said that those 2 games are coming out in 09, so maybe it is something we havn't heard of at all.

The devs of Alan Wake have never really given a date for their game but they only say it will be out when it's done. So I dunno... hopefully!

I would love it if this game came out too, but at the same time I'm ok with them taking the Blizzard approach and releasing it when it's finished.

I would really love to play Halo Wars with an x-mote too.  I started C&C 3 on my xbox, but haven't quite been able to get into it the way I have RTS on PC.  

If Microsoft uses the xmote for halo wars. It'll improve the games chances (and teh chances of the xmote succeeding immensely)

^yeah an RTS is much better with a pointer

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yeah Halo Wars with the Newton pack in would be cool. BTW u can use the XFPS 360 adapter for 360 games if u wanted: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12316/Connect-a-Mouse-and-Keyboard-to-Your-Xbox-360/

Around the Network

I'm not a big RTS fan.

Alan Wake is my most anticipated 360 game. I assume Too Human has been announced, so it's not "new."

Who knows really. Maybe it's a new IP.

I think the Xmote is for the next generation Xbox, and is early stage development, but that could just be wishful thinking.

I'm not paying more than 40 bucks for it, if it's for 360, I don't care if Alan Wake uses it exclusively.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

mrstickball said:
The_vagabond7 said:

I stand by my original statement though, to get true micro skills with an RTS you need a keyboard and mouse combo. Having a pointer would help, but you'd still lack the necessary number of buttons to be truly nimble, and not just "able".

Then why are you trying to bash console RTS games, without playing any of the recent examples? LOTR: BFME2 for 360 was near-perfect for the 360, and C&C3 wasn't far behind. EA has done wonders for Console RTS'es..And yet you haven't even seen them!

As I said months ago, when the Xmote was rumored and bashed alot: MS could easily use a hybrid WiiMote/Mouse interface for the 360, and be completely legitimate about it's usage if Halo Wars, or other major RTS games used it...Very excited if MS does use it for HW.

I have played C&C 3  so can I trash it? Here it goes C&C3 is totaly unplayable on the xbox360, it sucks, it's crappy, it blows.

I've played most of the RTS's on the 360. They play like crap. The xmote is the best way to get RTS's to finally work on consoles short of having a keyboard and mouse setup for it.

I had a friggen blast playing LOTR BFM online with a buddy of mine. It was me(Gondor) and him(Elves) vs two guys and it lasted for like 5 hours. Friggen awesome experience. We had Tom Bombadils and Balrogs and ents and Gandalf doing battle. We ended up losing after a combined balrog and octopus thing(not sure of it's name) attacked my citadel. Pretty friggen awesome none the less. Would not have been nearly as fun without a microphone. Me and my bud were strategizing the whole time. Agree it is not as easy as with a mouse and keyboard(I love group shortcuts and map bookmarks on pc) but it is effective. Best mulitplayer rts since Warcraft 2. I don't like Starcraft mulitplayer because of rush tactics.

SleepWaking said:
mrstickball said:
The_vagabond7 said:

As I said months ago, when the Xmote was rumored and bashed alot: MS could easily use a hybrid WiiMote/Mouse interface for the 360, and be completely legitimate about it's usage if Halo Wars, or other major RTS games used it...Very excited if MS does use it for HW.

I have played C&C 3  so can I trash it? Here it goes C&C3 is totaly unplayable on the xbox360, it sucks, it's crappy, it blows.

Most people that praise console RTS have little experience with PC RTS.