By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boycott Ubisoft.Tell your Mom,Grandma as well.Don't just bitch on the net.

misterd said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
misterd said:

How exactly does not buying quality, "core gamer" UbiSoft games convice UbiSoft that then need to make more of them?

Just how stupid are you people?

Do you know what the point of a boycott is? You don't do half measures with those. You need to let any company know you won't give them any of your business. If you give part, then the company can dismiss it, because they still get your money.

The problem is core Wii gamers aren't much in UbiSoft's plans, and as such a boycott cannot hurt them in any significant way. PS3/360 owners by and large will not participate, and most especially casual gamers will not. That means UbiSoft will continue to see the sales patterns that reinforce their position.

Core Wii gamers boycotting Ubisoft will have the same effect as straight men boycotting Sex and the City, or vegans boycotting McDonald's.

Who said it's just Wii owners? We have users with 360s and PS3s, who've pleged to boycott. Why would they stop buying good games from Ubisoft? Well it's a thing called principle.

They will buy the games when Ubisoft starts showing respect for all their customers. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
trestres said:
@Misterd: They better announce something big, or they'll be dead in the eyes of many gamers after breaking their word.

they will also be dead in my eyes

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I have mixed feelings on all of this. On the one hand, I definitely want 3rd parties to start effectively using the Wiimote for hardcore titles. My list of must-have Wii titles for the remainder of the year consists of only Kid Icarus, a game that hasn't even actually been announced yet. Compare this to my ps3 list, which consists of four games (MGS4, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles, and Resistance 2).

But on the other hand, I'm really tired of all the bitching. First was the RE5 and Bionic Commando petitions, and now this. You buy a system for the games. Hardware is secondary. Don't complain because the system you chose to buy doesn't have enough games you want. You should've thought of that before hand.

At least this isn't quite as juvenile as the DMC4 petition. I'll give the Wii fanboys that.

And I agree with misterd. A boycott will get you nowhere.

makingmusic476 said:
I have mixed feelings on all of this. On the one hand, I definitely want 3rd parties to start effectively using the Wiimote for hardcore titles. My list of must-have Wii titles for the remainder of the year consists of only Kid Icarus, a game that hasn't even actually been announced yet. Compare this to my ps3 list, which consists of four games (MGS4, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles, and Resistance 2).

But on the other hand, I'm really tired of all the bitching. First was the RE5 and Bionic Commando petitions, and now this. You buy a system for the games. Hardware is secondary. Don't complain because the system you chose to buy doesn't have enough games you want. You should've thought of that before hand.

At least this isn't quite as juvenile as the DMC4 petition. I'll give the Wii fanboys that.

And I agree with misterd. A boycott will get you nowhere.

Did you even pay attention to the exact details? It's not that specific games aren't coming to the Wii. It's Ubisoft make ONE DECENT GAME (RRR3), and making ALMOST NO EFFORT for the rest of the Wii games, and then LYING to claim the Wii audience just buys those no effort games anyway.

THAT'S what this is about. Don't you dare pretend it's juvenile (even if not "as juvinile) to be upset about a company pretending an entire audience doesn't exist. This is about respect. This is about a major developer saying that the money for Wii harcore gamers isn't good enough.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

the link wouldn't work 4 me so can somebody please tell me what the fuss is exactly about.

Around the Network
misterd said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
misterd said:

How exactly does not buying quality, "core gamer" UbiSoft games convice UbiSoft that then need to make more of them?

Just how stupid are you people?

As long as Ubisoft can make a profit pushing shitty casual games on the Wii, they will continue to put shitty casual games on the Wii. That should be obvious to anyone with a rudimentary understanding of economics.

The solution is not to get core gamers to stop buying Ubisoft titles. The key is to get casual players to stop buying shit games.

But no one bought those casual games to begin with. They're just bad. Ubi recently complained that their Wii games weren't selling that great.

That's what I don't understand. Ubi's first wave a trash didn't sell, so they put out more of the same, after admitting that no one bought the first wave.

So in a way, your solution reflects reality.

But unlike games like Red Steel, the trash costs next to nothing to make, and is apparantly earning them a profit. If it's not,at some point the accounting department will point out that they are losing money and need to change tactics. A boycott of products that you are not buying anyway won't make a difference.

Really, if Red Steel 2 comes out, gets good reviews, and sells 50,000 copies because WiiBoys are boycotting UbiSoft, do you really think they'll have reason to produce MORE "core" games? Or do you think, if WiiBoys flocked to it, and snapped it up on principle the way many of us did RE4, Okami, and Zack and Wiki, that UbiSoft will ignore that?

The only things companies understand is sales. If something sells they will make more. If not, they will make less. By having a boycott by a small group of "core" Wii gamers avoid buying the games that they ACTUALLY WANT, they are providing negative reinforcement for UbiSoft when it comes to making exactly those games, and will turn them towards making games for those people (Wii casuals and "core" PS360 gamers) that have gotten the WiiBoys in such a snit in the first place.

This would be under the assumption that Ubi is following some sort of real logic.

After the way Red Steel sold you'd expect more of the same from that perspective. Their response was crappy ports (Far Cry Vengeance), crapppy games under the disguise of Wii games (Nitrobike), and DS shovelware dumped onto the Wii (Petz). The Wiiboys supported them out of the gate with Red Steel and Rayman and the reason they lost that support is because its only been downhill from there.

If Ubisoft can ignore the response to Red Steel what makes you think they'd pay any attention if people flocked to Red Steel 2? It's a nice theory but in practice it's not one Ubisoft has shown to follow.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

stop whining and just but nintendo game then

obieslut said:

How many of you guys can't understand this? Are you being paid by ubisoft to say such crap? Are you a troll?

Come on if you don't care stop whining about us, you're ridiculous.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
obieslut said:

How many of you guys can't understand this? Are you being paid by ubisoft to say such crap? Are you a troll?

Come on if you don't care stop whining about us, you're ridiculous.

This just "vindicates" their Wii hate, so that's why Ubisoft is their champion now. 

A boycott and negative press will do just as much as $100k spent on internet ads. Long threads like this in all of the internet gaming forums will help ensure that whenever a person googles "Ubisoft" they'll find a shitton of bad press for the company.