By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boycott Ubisoft.Tell your Mom,Grandma as well.Don't just bitch on the net.

Well said Lolita

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

There is far too much red color in this thread...

@sc94597

Red steel sold well on the Wii because it was one of the launch titles. A person that buys a new console that just launched would obviously want to play more games on it if he/she liked one (Zelda TP) just to try out more stuff. Sort of a sense of wonder.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

wow, people seem really upset about this... I can't care really, Ubisoft can do what it wants.. why don't you boycot oil companies instead that kill and destroy live of people for money.. oh now I remember; you need that oil of course!.. so yes you can better boycot Ubisoft, if that makes you feel better..

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
wow, people seem really upset about this... I can't care really, Ubisoft can do what it wants.. why don't you boycot oil companies instead that kill and destroy live of people for money.. oh now I remember; you need that oil of course!.. so yes you can better boycot Ubisoft..

Very bad analogy, this has got nothing to do with people's lives and I bet you also use that "dirty oil". As far as I know the only dirty oil comes from Iraq and some African countries, I dont live there and trying to boycott them will make no difference and can probably make you end up in jail.

On the other hand, we as a community can make a difference, since Ubisoft depends on us and their reputation will be going down. We can make this situation change, and that's what we're trying to do.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Ajax said:
wow, people seem really upset about this... I can't care really, Ubisoft can do what it wants.. why don't you boycot oil companies instead that kill and destroy live of people for money.. oh now I remember; you need that oil of course!.. so yes you can better boycot Ubisoft..

Well since we don't need games, reputation is important. That is what Ubisoft doesn't seem to realize. EA sure made a lot of effort to turn around after EA Spouse, and they seemed untouchable at the time.

So if EA couldn't be above reputation at their height, Ubisoft can't be above reputation now. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

not a bad analogy of course, but you didn't get it; it was ment to tell some people, like the topicstarter, take this gaming stuff too seriously

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
not a bad analogy of course, but you didn't get it; it was ment to tell some people, like the topicstarter, take this gaming stuff too seriously

Well the thing is that we invest a lot of money in gaming, and when one of the largest developers tell an entire group that they won't give that group any real supports, and claims they know that group is another group entirely, I would think they shouldn't take it lying down 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

wherever choices are made, some people will get sad, others happy; you can blame Ubisoft or you can blame the demographics of the Wii owners..

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
where ever choices are made, some people will get sad, other happy; you can blame Ubisoft or you can blame the demographics of the Wii owners..

Well since the thread on the official ubisoft forums already debunked that the Wii demographics buy those games more than quality games, we do blame Ubisoft.