By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom cooking something up Wii similar to Lost Planet and Bionic Commando

trestres said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
perhaps it'll be some mini game collection with the themes of Bionic comando and lost Planet, or some sort of on rails shooter like RE:UC

Or perhaps, your inner fanboy can't stand that great games will be developed for the Wii, and not for your console?

Or maybe it's wishful thinking, from his fearful fanboy heart.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Mahorosan said:
brute said:
naznatips said:
thekitchensink said:

Simple: Kingdom Hearts 3. E3. It's happening.

I can't think of a single time in Square Enix's history they have announced anything major at E3.

TGS is a better bet, and it may not be KH3 this year (could be next), but they have some major stuff coming. That much I don't doubt.

im thinking they will also put DQX on wii

I really can't see Kingdom Hearts 3 going to the wii mainly because of Tetsuya Nomura's love of the PS3.  Now DQX could be a possibly.  Will have to wait and see how DQIX is received.  

id say nomura loves money more then ps3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Soriku said:
kitchen, click edit and then click post. It'll work after.

But either way, I doubt KH3 will be announced as soon as E3 anyway...

maybe in tokyo game show?

Soriku said:
Mahorosan said:
brute said:
naznatips said:
thekitchensink said:

Simple: Kingdom Hearts 3. E3. It's happening.

I can't think of a single time in Square Enix's history they have announced anything major at E3.

TGS is a better bet, and it may not be KH3 this year (could be next), but they have some major stuff coming. That much I don't doubt.

im thinking they will also put DQX on wii

I really can't see Kingdom Hearts 3 going to the wii mainly because of Tetsuya Nomura's love of the PS3. Now DQX could be a possibly. Will have to wait and see how DQIX is received.

Not again. Nomura has little/no say where KH goes...

I do hope you are right. I'm not exactly a Nomura fan.  Its not a coincidence that my last 2 favorite FF's were IX and XII

11ht11 said:
cool i hope its a FPS

"cooking something up for wii"

Duh its a cooking mama like FPS

Around the Network
trestres said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
perhaps it'll be some mini game collection with the themes of Bionic comando and lost Planet, or some sort of on rails shooter like RE:UC

Or perhaps, your inner fanboy can't stand that great games will be developed for the Wii, and not for your console?

LOLz, it just so happens to be that my only console is a Wii. LOLz

My post was merely a wild guess at what it could be, but would it not be possible that Capcom could make a lost planet spin off  like RE:UC?

Soriku said:
brute said:
Soriku said:

That's what I've ben saying the whole time :P

@Mahorosan

I am right. Disney is the one who decides where KH goes with some suggestions from SE since they are collaborating with them, but that's as far as SE's influence goes. Disney calls the final shots.

then it has a very big chance to go to Wii,but 360 has a shot since its very popular in the U.S

naznatips said:
Bored4life said:
Capcom has given us ports and Sven has lied to us about Okami.
There has been talk about giving us 2 crap games for a long while now,so I'm not going to be impressed until they show me something that current Wii owners care about.
I've been to the Ask Capcom boards and seen his posts.
He's a snake.Don't ever trust this fag.

Capcom started talking about unified online between the HD consoles and the PC recently and Lo and Behold! SF4 gets released for those systems.
I wonder what made them do that?

Remember the Capcom5?
Don't be suprised when RE5 doesn't appear on Wii despite passing their stupid test with flying colours.

This makes no sense. First, how were we lied to about Okami? Also, please don't use the word "fag" on these forums.

SF4 was only made for the Arcade by Capcom. The console and PC port was handled by Dimps. It is a cheap and dirty port. They made the game for their Japanese arcade audience. They only ported it to the 360 and PS3 because they were able to outsource the port fairly cheap since the hardware wasn't too far off the arcade hardware. Even so there is an unannounced 4th platform for the game that could be the Wii.

Why would RE5 be on the Wii? Why do people expect developers to redo everything they've been working on for 3 or 4 years suddenly because the Wii is successful? Of course they won't. This is an unfortunate generation because the dev cycle for a big game is 3-5 years. That means 90% of these games you are seeing now and complaining aren't on the Wii began at best a year before the Wii even launched. The BG&E dev said he'd been working on it for more than 2 years. Again, why would you expect a Wii version given what the market looked like 2 years ago?

Look to the future for Wii support. Not the past. Look for new franchises and new development after these old HD projects are complete, and be thankful for those who do manage to start a major Wii project like Capcom with Monster Hunter 3.

On Okami:

Wii owners were told that they were getting extra content,that the game wouldn't be rushed and that they were really going to push it so that the game would receive the sales it deserved and wouldn't take the opinion of PS2 owners since they themselves allowed the game to flop(their own words).

What happened.Confirmed to be rushed on the Capcom forums.Then Sven himself said that no extra content would be added with the silly excuse that PS2 owners were actually asking for the game to be shorter in order to explain the rush without realizing that he contradicts the "PS2 opinions" comment.And in the end stays mum and closes threads immediately when people point out that even Nintendo Power recommended the PS2 version

On RE5:

Thanks to this test a lot of Wii owners who weren't even going to bother with the spinoff bought it and it sold well beyond their expectations as a result.And then you expect Wii owners not to be pissed when they say "jus kiddin guyz"

This has nothing to do with the Wii wins so it gets all the games mentality.Or did you forget this small detail that's constantly being brought up for months.

Please.

I gave facts.Even the SF4  comments fit into their previous comments.Everything is there on the net for you to see.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Soriku said:
brute said:
Soriku said:
brute said:
Soriku said:

That's what I've ben saying the whole time :P

@Mahorosan

I am right. Disney is the one who decides where KH goes with some suggestions from SE since they are collaborating with them, but that's as far as SE's influence goes. Disney calls the final shots.

then it has a very big chance to go to Wii,but 360 has a shot since its very popular in the U.S

KH is never going to the 360. The 360 isn't even one of SE's "main" platforms plus Disney doesn't have very strong MS ties, unlike with Nintendo.
Yeah, but it seems alot of people think it will be a ps3/360 multiplat.  I don't see that because the wii will most likely hold more than 50% of the market by the time kh3 is announced.

LOL NO, Kingdom hearts wont be on the Wii unless Disney forced them to. Which unlikely because Disney was too busy milking their movie franchise and their high school musical and Hanna Montanna thingy.

OR... Squeenix make it themselves, which also unlikely because theyre too clinge on the PS3. UNLESS which will happen soon that the Wii userbase was too many that HD consoles are too niche to develop for.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg