By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

I'm not so sure about Spain. Italy gained alot of self-confidence against France.

Around the Network
okr said:

I'm not so sure about Spain. Italy gained alot of self-confidence againtst France.

spain are better then france,france were mostly veteran players

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
okr said:

I'm not so sure about Spain. Italy gained alot of self-confidence againtst France.

I know that the Spanish team was considerably better than the French team in this tournament. But I just wanted to say: Never underestimate Italy.

brute said:
okr said:

I agree with okr, but we will see.

okr said:
brute said:
okr said:

I know that the Spanish team was considerably better than the French team in this tournament. But I just wanted to say: Never underestimate Italy.

Totally agree again

Around the Network

Cool we have two new Dutch members... people, change you're avatars!

Like I said, never underestimate Guus Hiddink. I cannot remember one moment where he didn't got out of the group stages.

I'm going with Brute's predictions though. Spain versus Italy will know Spain as victors as there confidence is higher then that of the Italians. Plus, this year their football is so much better. Look at Italy. Against Romania they scored once. Then against France they got one penalty, and one own goal. Spain on the other hand build all of their goals from the attack up if I'm not mistaken. That shows class. Also, this is gonna be war.

As for Russia - I like their playing style, and would have given them the edge over teams like Germany (now), Croatia, Turkey and even Italy but although they have the "flair" of the Dutch, they lack the experience.
Watch for them in the WC in two years though. Guus Hiddink was training the Russians for the championship in 2010, the EC was merely an "in-between". A training opportunity.

Montana, matches I expect the most from in terms of enjoyment for a neutral eye: Spain - Italy and Russia - Netherlands. So if you have to chose...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Esmoreit said:
Cool we have two new Dutch members... people, change you're avatars!

Like I said, never underestimate Guus Hiddink. I cannot remember one moment where he didn't got out of the group stages.

I'm going with Brute's predictions though. Spain versus Italy will know Spain as victors as there confidence is higher then that of the Italians. Plus, this year their football is so much better. Look at Italy. Against Romania they scored once. Then against France they got one penalty, and one own goal. Spain on the other hand build all of their goals from the attack up if I'm not mistaken. That shows class. Also, this is gonna be war.

As for Russia - I like their playing style, and would have given them the edge over teams like Germany (now), Croatia, Turkey and even Italy but although they have the "flair" of the Dutch, they lack the experience.
Watch for them in the WC in two years though. Guus Hiddink was training the Russians for the championship in 2010, the EC was merely an "in-between". A training opportunity.

Montana, matches I expect the most from in terms of enjoyment for a neutral eye: Spain - Italy and Russia - Netherlands. So if you have to chose...

Go for Russia - Netherlands.. 2 teams who like to attack with young players who are technical great and have a hunger to win. With 2 dutch coaches who always play to win & Guus Hiddink might have a trick or 2 to make it hard for the Dutch.. That's gonna be a great match!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

hehe, just looked at the groups and Greece the current Euro champions are the only nation to score 0 points!... that includes Austria!!! u gotta feel for them.

Well, Greece was by far the worst team this tournament.

MontanaHatchet said:
Neos said:
okr said:
So the quarter finals are:

Germany - Portugal
Croatia - Turkey
Netherlands - Russia
Spain - Italy

yes as i said so in the first page =P

Forgive us, we're stupid Americans .

I would never call an American with an interest in football stupid