By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:
okr said:
Fantastic game by the Dutch team. ITA and FRA did not only lose, now they also depend on NED in their final survival game against each other.

Finals will be: POR-NED
Champion will be: NED

Italy and France can actually eliminate each other by drawing their last match as long as Romania doesn't lose with a difference of more than 3 goals.

About the match tonight, of course I'm very happy with it. 4-1 isn't a fair reflection of the game, but who cares.

There's one more requirement for Romania in case they lose, Italy and France have to have a draw of 0-0. If all three teams end up with two points, only the results between them count at first, and any draw above 0-0 gets Italy in second place. Example: In case of a 1-1 between Italy and France, Italy ends up with a goal difference of 2-2, France and Romania both with 1-1.

You're right, I forgot about that. Doesn't seem like a very likely scenario then, but it could still happen.

Around the Network

You're both wrong.

Italy and France both have 1 point and the exact same goal difference (4-1). So they, like Czech Republic and Turkey, cannot tie, in case of a tie they will go to a penalty shoot-out. Romania has to win in order to go to the next round. The Netherlands are winner of Poule C regardless.

Anyway, the final will be Portugal - Netherlands, and the Netherlands will win. You heard it here first!

@Chrizum: If Romania loses and Italy and France draw they all have 2 points, so there won't be penalties. The results among the teams with the same amount of points will then decide which team qualifies. With 2 draws they all have the same amount of points and the same goal difference, so they will look at the amount of goals scored. If that doesn't give a winner they'll look at goals from all the matches.

RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:
You're both wrong.

Italy and France both have 1 point and the exact same goal difference (4-1). So they, like Czech Republic and Turkey, cannot tie, in case of a tie they will go to a penalty shoot-out. Romania has to win in order to go to the next round. The Netherlands are winner of Poule C regardless.

Anyway, the final will be Portugal - Netherlands, and the Netherlands will win. You heard it here first!

No, we are right and you are drunk. Additionally, okr already said that the final will be Portugal - Netherlands and that the Netherlands will win.

PEOPLE this is sarcasm

RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:
You're both wrong.

No, we are right and you are drunk. Additionally, okr already said that the final will be Portugal - Netherlands and that the Netherlands will win.

The problem is that I'm not drunk and that's also the reason I am blatantly wrong. Poule C is getting even more interesting than I thought. Oh and okr doesn't count, I don't even know who that is.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:
You're both wrong.

The problem is that I'm not drunk and that's also the reason I am blatantly wrong. Poule C is getting even more interesting than I thought. Oh and okr doesn't count, I don't even know who that is.

But that is a serious problem cause you should be drinking at the moment! Drinking and partying on the "Alle welpies helpen" song!

Ok, I'm on. Got a bit late...

Sneijder, why did you had to score that last goal?! Why mate? You're so awesome and then you fuck my chances of winning an LCD screen when I betted 3-1 to Holland.

Upcomming tuesday should be a nailbiter for all three country's in group C - the Dutch excluded off course - untill the very end.

I hope that van Basten debutes Huntelaar against the Romanians. Benchwarmers FTW!

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Holland are through, and if they smart theyl play their B team to give their A team some rest but more importantly to subtly give Romania more of a chance to go through with them. Who would they rather face in a final, Italy or Romania... well at this rate Italy but Im sure theyl improve theyr strategies soon.

Thatmax said:
Holland are through, and if they smart theyl play their B team to give their A team some rest but more importantly to subtly give Romania more of a chance to go through with them. Who would they rather face in a final, Italy or Romania... well at this rate Italy but Im sure theyl improve theyr strategies soon.

I'd say wait with deciding who we want to play in the semi's untill we had a taste of what the Romanians can do. Be lenient in the first half, then decide in the second what is most wise - play an improving Italy or France or the Romanians with their tight defense.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:
You're both wrong.

i think spain will be in the finals,there a very good team

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"